Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say I am a bit surprised, as we are supposed to have a wealth of young talent already coming through at the back. Pennington, Kenny, Holgate, Galloway, Browning, Foulds etc...are we stockpiling young defenders?

Have to say I am a bit surprised, as we are supposed to have a wealth of young talent already coming through at the back. Pennington, Kenny, Holgate, Galloway, Browning, Foulds etc...are we stockpiling young defenders?

There are worse things to invest in :cheers:

We only need 1 of those to make first team 11 in order to see positive ROI

I wouldn't put any money on it. Martinez has made it clear again and again that he doesn't like to rely on the January window, and also that the current squad doesn't need strengthening at this point. Miralles will be staying put, there's no real doubt about that. If we're going to loan Gibson out then why get him cuptied unnecessarily ? The Yarmolenko stories look like nonsense to me (the player recently signed a new contract). Byram's contact ends in the summer : I reckon we are interested in him, but it's a question of whether to put a bid in now or risk waiting until May.

Martinez made it clear that Eto'o was an intergral part of the team and there was no chance of him leaving - the next day he was sold.
Martinez made it clear that we had no intent to bring McGeady to Everton in January - a week later we signed him in January
Martinez made it clear he would not be moving Stones over to rb to cover Colemans injury - a couple of days later Stones starts at right back against man City
Martinez states this window we would not be looking at doing any business in terms of ins and outs, soon as the widnow opens we change and bring in with Byram - 3 players, have stated that Naismith will be sold, have stated that McGeady and Gibson will be let go on loan, also stated that a player of the calibre of Yarmolenko when asked is a definite possibility.

No real doubt Mirallas will stay put? Really? I for one and many others besides have massive amounts of doubts about if Mirallas will still be here in February mate

Noticed a trend there mate?

According to the express, the yarmolenko deal will go through following the Naismith deal.

If it's to be believed, the first domino to fall has to be the Naismith sale and after that we'll figure out if this yarmolenko deal is for real or not rather quickly. I honestly have no idea if it's true or a bunch of hogwash

Sorry if it's old news, just saw it and thought I'd share.

Here's the article:
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/633267/Everton-complete-swoop-Norwich-deal

Status
Not open for further replies.