Match Thread Everton vs Liverpool, Goodison Park, Oct 4th, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way I seen it is they were the better team first half, we were quite quiet and just about deserved to get the goal then second half we were quite comfortable then pressured them for the last 10-15 but couldn't make it pay off. Draw was prob a fair result but if anyone looked like winning it was us.

How would you of done it mate?
its a bit odd that i don't have the knowledge of a footy manager to properly answer that but still knew exactly how the game was going to pan out

from my perspective, we never seriously went out to go and get the win. The subs were ok but in terms of applying real pressure and committing men forward to pressure that awful midfield and defence, we were lacking for me, just like the two fixtures of last season, no real ambition to make use of the brill football we're undoubtdly capable of . Really frustrating. Martinez is a good coach but doesnt have the key killer instinct

Not happy at all. They are friggin awful, we should have won. We are clearly a better team than them.

At least Brenda will be staying for a bit longer.

Footy doesn't work like that mate, if it did it would be boring! They should have hammered us every game in the 90's by that logic. Also, who foreseen our results against Southampton / Chelsea? At the end of the day whether we beat them or any other team, it's still only 3pts, however, our barren run against them will end soon, we are on the up, they are on the decline.

Agree with you about Rodgers though ;)

its a bit odd that i don't have the knowledge of a footy manager to properly answer that but still knew exactly how the game was going to pan out

from my perspective, we never seriously went out to go and get the win. The subs were ok but in terms of applying real pressure and committing men forward to pressure that awful midfield and defence, we were lacking for me, just like the two fixtures of last season, no real ambition to make use of the brill football we're undoubtdly capable of . Really frustrating. Martinez is a good coach but doesnt have the key killer instinct
Kone should of started, he's been in excellent form holding up the ball and looking sharp he helped change the game at WBA, he should of been rewarde, Gibson too looked up for it last week and should of been on 2nd half, we missed a trick here very disappointed keeping 2 defensive midfielders on they had nothing going forward or for counter attacks

I class that team against us today on a par with Newcastle, Sunderland, Bournemouth, villa and Norwich!! Big 2 points dropped.. Pro footballers should not have a mental block against Shiite like that

I class that team against us today on a par with Newcastle, Sunderland, Bournemouth, villa and Norwich!! Big 2 points dropped.. Pro footballers should not have a mental block against Shiite like that

Lol...just watching it back. Naismith can't help shoving Sakho and Leiva about on 34 mins. Proper angry head. If only the whole team showed that commitment!!

Their lot used Lukaku as a climbing frame all game. Great to see him showing his strength and getting away from it more often than not. Also I think Mori had a great game. Feels like 2 points dropped but not the end of the world, if they'd have won id be apoplectic

Status
Not open for further replies.