20 years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were massive underdogs still fighting Relegation - Matt Jackson went on to play for Wigan for an age seeing them rise up the leagues!
Great memories went on to win it too our last trophy under Joe Royle in 1995!
I thought it was the start of a big recovery agent Johnson seen the end to that!

Dominated a decent Spurs team from the kick-off,an Amokachi brace,what more could you want.

That game was shown live over here. My late dad and I were two of maybe a half-dozen Blues in the pub watching. Made enough noise for 60. Pissed off the Spurs supporters, including a former mate of mine, something fierce. Happy day all around.

did we ever play better than this since, I can't think when if we did.one day in the 90's when we played like the eighties team !

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=515QJhovCvw

Where does the time go?

That is just about my favourite ever game......we stayed in a little village outside Leeds the night before and the whole weekend was just magical.

Elland Road looked and sounded like our Old Lady that day.

They stuck Spurs in that big stand over there and gave us the other three sides......it was a sea of blue.

What an atmosphere.....what a match ;)

We were massive underdogs still fighting Relegation - Matt Jackson went on to play for Wigan for an age seeing them rise up the leagues!
Great memories went on to win it too our last trophy under Joe Royle in 1995!
I thought it was the start of a big recovery agent Johnson seen the end to that!

And the meejah sooooo wanted what they had dubbed the "Dream Final".......United were playing in the other semi.

Big Joe's Dogs ate them up.

A brilliant performance which I had not seen coming at all. Was expecting the worst which was unusual for me and bumped into old school mate outside who was super positive. Went inside and saw the three sides in Everton blue and that was it!!! Amokachi!!!!!!!could this be four? It is four! Alan green commentary haha.

We won that game on the pitch and off it. The Spurs supporters swanked up and found themselves massively outnumbered. Their initial arrogance quickly disappeared when they realised this and about an hour before KO they began throwing bottles into the Blue masses drinking outside The Peacock pub.

They didn't even sell out their allocation that day. And in the last few minutes a few of them ran on to the pitch and had the game stopped.

I also recall that after the game Spurs officials admitted they were wrong in agreeing to us having three sides of the ground. One of them said that they realised they had it seriously wrong as soon as they entered the stadium and saw the masses of Blue in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.