Votes: 36 60.0%
  • Yep, it was going wide

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • In off the Cheese on Post

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. If it wasn't going in, and a deflection put the ball in, that is an OG by the letter of the law.

But it's impossible to say 100% that it definitely wouldn't have bent inside the near post, so I think you have to give it to Ross.

But it's impossible to say 100% that it definitely wouldn't have bent inside the near post, so I think you have to give it to Ross.
Agreed and I watched the vines of the goal last night, and he spanks it clean with the lower top end of his foot, there is no attempt to put any spin on the ball from the instep. So you can only go off the flight of the ball prior to the contact with the QPR guy, which was heading wide.

It's hard to tell from the camera angle, so I think he'll get the benefit of the doubt. Assuming the judges have the same tv shot.

My understanding is that if the shot is on target, deflections are still credited to the striker, so, where does that leave Kev and Naisy?

Their strikes were going in when they left their boot, I think, and Naismith's head.

It's hard to tell from the camera angle, so I think he'll get the benefit of the doubt. Assuming the judges have the same tv shot.

My understanding is that if the shot is on target, deflections are still credited to the striker, so, where does that leave Kev and Naisy?

Their strikes were going in when they left their boot, I think, and Naismith's head.
Naismith's is easier and very much his goal. Kev's is tricky as it looks like it probably would be on target (despite the inane gibbering of the Sky commentators) but there was lot of curl on it, so he'll likely get his goal too.

Who was that comedy Liverpool striker who took an eternity to score (Crouch perhaps?) and that only came by virtue of a defender deflecting his shot onto both posts then trickled over the line?

Naismith's is easier and very much his goal. Kev's is tricky as it looks like it probably would be on target (despite the inane gibbering of the Sky commentators) but there was lot of curl on it, so he'll likely get his goal too.

Who was that comedy Liverpool striker who took an eternity to score (Crouch perhaps?) and that only came by virtue of a defender deflecting his shot onto both posts then trickled over the line?

I think Naismiths is the obvious own goal out of the 3. Hard call with Barkleys and would be very harsh to take it away from him. Mirallas effort looked like it would have been on target but the massive deflection could make it a call for an own goal. Naismiths was saved by the keeper and it was a save that took it off target only for it to hit a defender so I would call that as an own goal.

I was in the Park End directly in line with Ross's shot.

It was definitely going in.

Not sure about the Naismith and Mirallas goals though.

Status
Not open for further replies.