Dundalk v Everton friendly in the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dundalk play on plastic pitch lads. If this goes ahead before YBoys game; RM might see it as a good chance to get used of playing on said pitch perhaps??

Dundalk play on plastic pitch lads. If this goes ahead before YBoys game; RM might see it as a good chance to get used of playing on said pitch perhaps??
Good shout. Take the whole squad over, get a bit of training in, and play the U21's as a token of appreciation.

Why would you pass up a game and just do training? I'm sure we can find any old synthetic pitch for that.
After a crazy Christmas / New Year schedule and 3rd Rd FA Cup match, you want to subject the first team to a further game against a bunch of amateur cloggers? Crazy chat.

After a crazy Christmas / New Year schedule and 3rd Rd FA Cup match, you want to subject the first team to a further game against a bunch of amateur cloggers? Crazy chat.
Your suggesting we give no game experience to players tasked with playing on a similar surface to YB's when there's a simple enough option to take up playing a friendly where we can change teams at HT and give 45 minutes experience of it across the squad? That sounds like a huge waste of time. I'm sure there's a competitive game here.

Dundalk are fairly decent n try and play football in fairness. Will be interesting to see what he does here given the dilemma of loads of games versus the opportunity to get the pitch practice in an actual game albeit a friendly

Your suggesting we give no game experience to players tasked with playing on a similar surface to YB's when there's a simple enough option to take up playing a friendly where we can change teams at HT and give 45 minutes experience of it across the squad? That sounds like a huge waste of time. I'm sure there's a competitive game here.
I would be less worried if it was on a surface that both players were used to. As it is, surely there will be more hesitancy from the EFC players, whereas the Dundalk players will be totally cool with it. That sort of reluctance can only lead to injuries from weak tackles.

I would be less worried if it was on a surface that both players were used to. As it is, surely there will be more hesitancy from the EFC players, whereas the Dundalk players will be totally cool with it. That sort of reluctance can only lead to injuries from weak tackles.
I think there'd have to be ground rules that aggressive tackling was left out. It'd still be a better workout than training on it with players also unfamiliar with the bounce and pace though.

Status
Not open for further replies.