An open forum with Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cowboy

Player Valuation: £60m
You see folk on here, on twitter, down the pub etc pontificating about how Barry is finished, Osman is the devil incarnate, Hibbert shouldn't be playing, can't Martinez see that XYZ isn't being utilised in the best way blah blah.

Now - it's always said that the boss knows best and who are we to argue. But what if the fans were given a direct input (in a constructive, non-hysterical manner) into the manager, to say how they see it, and see if the boss might not see a different perspective?

Has this ever been tried? Would it undermine the manager?

It would only undermine the manager if he was required to heed any advice given by the armchair managers, which will never happen. Cmon, if anyone on here thinks that they could manage the club better than Martinez or indeed than Moyes did, they are deluded.

I'm sure nobody thinks they could manage the club better than the manager, you've missed the point entirely there.

It would be one point which perhaps somebody can see which Roberto can't, for example the ball needs to start being zipped around quicker to enable us to break teams down.

It'll never happen, but theyre talking small points not an entire overhaul.

It would only undermine the manager if he was required to heed any advice given by the armchair managers, which will never happen. Cmon, if anyone on here thinks that they could manage the club better than Martinez or indeed than Moyes did, they are deluded.
In that case, why was Barry left on vs City? Would you not like the chance to discuss that candidly with the boss?

The fans get a birds-eye view of the game. The manager has to watch every game from the touchline. Do you not thing this perspective offers fans a chance to see something the manager does not?

The fans will pick up on different players' good and bad points. The manager does not get the chance to monitor all 11 players continually throughout the game. Do you not think this collective feedback might be of use to the manager?

It does not have to be a scathing attack on the manager, merely a chance to say how it is seen from the stands.

I'm sure nobody thinks they could manage the club better than the manager, you've missed the point entirely there.

It would be one point which perhaps somebody can see which Roberto can't, for example the ball needs to start being zipped around quicker to enable us to break teams down.

Exactly, it would be a chance to express opinions about the whole manner of play, not to attack players or the manager.

In that case, why was Barry left on vs City? Would you not like the chance to discuss that candidly with the boss?

The fans get a birds-eye view of the game. The manager has to watch every game from the touchline. Do you not thing this perspective offers fans a chance to see something the manager does not?

The fans will pick up on different players' good and bad points. The manager does not get the chance to monitor all 11 players continually throughout the game. Do you not think this collective feedback might be of use to the manager?

It does not have to be a scathing attack on the manager, merely a chance to say how it is seen from the stands.

Have to disagree here mate sorry. If fans start getting a voice as to what happens then everything will go wrong. I'll use me as an example. If i'd have got hold of Martinez about a year and half ago James McCarthy would not be playing for Everton, and I was badly badly wrong.

Us fans think we know what is right, but in all honesty we really don't have a clue.

You use the Barry being left on as an example. Well he did it, and we got better afterwards. As did Barry himself.

Have to disagree here mate sorry. If fans start getting a voice as to what happens then everything will go wrong. I'll use me as an example. If i'd have got hold of Martinez about a year and half ago James McCarthy would not be playing for Everton, and I was badly badly wrong.

Us fans think we know what is right, but in all honesty we really don't have a clue.

You use the Barry being left on as an example. Well he did it, and we got better afterwards. As did Barry himself.
Yep - we think we know what we're on about, when in reality most of us are clueless.

The manager gets to see the players all week long on the training ground and picks his team accordingly as well as having taken into account the intelligence that he has on his opponents. Whatever the fans see from the terraces the manager sees better on post match videos or are you suggesting that he should be given an earpiece during the match to listen to what the fans think should be changed ?

Yep - we think we know what we're on about, when in reality most of us are clueless.

And would that also not be quite useful? To hear from the manager about how wrong we are, which might restore a lot of faith in some managers when the fans might be calling for their head? It could work both ways.

And would that also not be quite useful? To hear from the manager about how wrong we are, which might restore a lot of faith in some managers when the fans might be calling for their head? It could work both ways.
I think you know yourself already that you are not going to win this argument

I would ask him why does he think a corner or crossed free kick is not a great way to score.

It's all very well trying to score the perfect goal but our dead ball deliveries (and people attacking them) are pathetic.

A goal...is a goal.

He can see that just listen to him on the sidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.