Under the Bridges of Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Neville Southall

Player Valuation: £8m
Was there an old Everton song to this? If so, I'm guessing it would have started "How would you like to be...."?? It probably would have been anytime up to the early 80s if we done it. Thanks

tbh I keep reading about so called 'songs we sang' we talking full end here or 3 blokes on the coach ?

cos on the way to Wembley & Maine Rd. for the Milk Cup Finals some lads were singing a song that under the above criteria would qualify as one for on any Evetonian Album.

He was Dan Dan The Sanitary Man
He was the leader of 'The ****house Clan'
All day long moving Sanitary Towels
Listening to the rumble of the Tumblin Bowels
All of a sudden a noise was heard ?
It was the Slip Slop of a Slimy Turd
Down to the bowl it went slip slop
Oochy-Coochy-Coochy it's the ****house Rock
Na-na-na na na na-na na na......

tbh I keep reading about so called 'songs we sang' we talking full end here or 3 blokes on the coach ?

cos on the way to Wembley & Maine Rd. for the Milk Cup Finals some lads were singing a song that under the above criteria would qualify as one for on any Evetonian Album.

Great song! Another team had a version of that, I can't remember who.

For your original question, I've thought about that before a few times before and I don't know what the answer is.

I know there is a line between a failed song, a shortlived song, then you have songs that were sung loads in pubs but didn't get going great in the ground. Or you have songs that have comfortably got going amongt a good group in the ground, but the masses won't have known.Plus there's songs I've heard only sung by a few only to find it was sung a fair bit.

Then you think about other instances with Everton. Everton were known about robbing a jewellery in London in the 80s at QPR away was it? But then it was what 10 fans? There there was the Jobe incident which was around 3 fans who who done it? Chester's end got took by half a dozen. Other ends had 20 Everton going in there. Just the one fan fired a flare into Leeds mid 80s. Yet they're all credited as Everton. Some aways in the 80s had no more than 100 going, some far less. Does what they sang/done therefore not count?

So in short, I really don't know where the line is, but I'm aware there is a line. Either way numbers involved certainly do not detract from some interesting incidents from our past. So anymore like that are at least worthy of a mention as it is infinitely more interesting than my job.

Last edited:

good god, I just youtubed bridges of paris, great choice if you want to out-slow Spurs, is the aim of it to make the goalie nod off.

I could however imagine 3 arl fellas at the back of the arl gwladys with a bottle of scotch singing it.

Heard this (Goodison Gang) sung in the Halton Castle in West Derby, of all places, as recently as 2009. But never heard it at a match.

Next verse

Down in the dungeon 6 feet deep
All them turds lay fast asleep
Some where wet and some where dry
Some didn't smell but the others don't mind

boom boom boom shanannana boom boom boom shananannana

The jewellery game was Spurs. incident happened in tottenham Court road. 80 fans got locked up. missed the match. Think the jewellery was already on its way home care of jiffy bags and the post office before police rounded them up. Jobe was a night match at utd. nasty things went on in 70s and 80s. not really sure about going into other ends never happened much

Status
Not open for further replies.