Singing Area for Wigan match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Neville Southall

Player Valuation: £8m
GT4 LL-PP 092-097 Lower Gwladys St (all obstructed views).

Tickets went on sale today to season ticket holders.

The idea for these is that if you want to sing more, then when you start them off you know there are more people than normal likely to join in. That's about it really.

Re Oldham, went ok, never great, but not bad either, certainly better than a league game. Depends on what you're looking for really, you get what you put into it.

As always if you want more singing, or Everton to sing certain songs, just start them off yourself rather than relying on others to.

I've tried to start one or two in the top balcony but its hopeless. Just ends up with me and some lad infront of us standing up on our bill. Can see a game like this creating a good atmosphere all around the ground though!

Didn't sound great on telly, all you could hear was the Oldham fans and an occaisional "we're on the march..."

Might have sounded better in the ground though

Genuine Question. How many songs do we have?
I know a few.
Tell me ma
Were on the march
If yer Know yer history
Ev-er-ton Ev-er-ton Ev-er-ton

What other songs are sung at the match with backing from the supporters

Hate to break it to you but if you thought that support was ok against us then I'm lost for words. The only time I heard the Everton fans was just after each goal and then only for a few secs. Watched it back since on telly and you can pretty much just hear Oldham fans. Good news though is we sang oh when the blues, and blue flag etc you could always claim that was you.

What's happened to the Premier league all gone a bit prawn sandwich soft, 30000+ fans the place should be bouncing.

Genuine Question. How many songs do we have?
I know a few.
Tell me ma
Were on the march
If yer Know yer history
Ev-er-ton Ev-er-ton Ev-er-ton

What other songs are sung at the match with backing from the supporters

Not many more current to be honest. There's tons of old ones but none of the younger fans know them. We do try and bring them back, but at best you may get 5 people joining in.

Didn't sound great on telly, all you could hear was the Oldham fans and an occaisional "we're on the march..."

Might have sounded better in the ground though

Think that was more ITV mate. Put all their mics near the Oldham fans as they were so desperate for an upset.

There was hardly any singing from this section. The Gladys always kicks it off anyway put that section was mainly silent throughout

Hate to break it to you but if you thought that support was ok against us then I'm lost for words. The only time I heard the Everton fans was just after each goal and then only for a few secs. Watched it back since on telly and you can pretty much just hear Oldham fans. Good news though is we sang oh when the blues, and blue flag etc you could always claim that was you.

What's happened to the Premier league all gone a bit prawn sandwich soft, 30000+ fans the place should be bouncing.
You're supposed to say our support was ****e

There was hardly any singing from this section. The Gladys always kicks it off anyway put that section was mainly silent throughout

If you ever think it's too quiet, just start off a song. I've never understood why people say it's quiet yet don't do anything about it themselves. If everyone who wanted more songs put effort in themselves then there'd be no problem.

It's the same with away games, you do get standing, but that's only part of it, you then need people to take the initiative themselves.

There were a decent amount of songs sung, albeit by smaller numbers, and the songs were all sung intermittantly (sp) rather than continuous, but going by some posts, some people complain when it's continuous. So you can't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.