The Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate them regardless of the circumstances. David Moyes' sides bottle it every single time against them - we could have Messi and Ronaldo in full flow and I wouldn't back us whilst he's in charge.

I'm not being "anti Moyes" here, I think we've had a good start to the season, and I think he's done great in the transfer market, but I still think you'd have to be a loon to back one of his sides in a derby or an important cup game.

I hate them regardless of the circumstances. David Moyes' sides bottle it every single time against them - we could have Messi and Ronaldo in full flow and I wouldn't back us whilst he's in charge.

I'm not being "anti Moyes" here, I think we've had a good start to the season, and I think he's done great in the transfer market, but I still think you'd have to be a loon to back one of his sides in a derby or an important cup game.

Under Hodgson was the only time we never looked like losing one. I know we've won other derbys under Moyes, carsley, johnson, gosling etc but that was probably the only comfortable one.

That's the only thing that gives me any hope. If rodgers loses the players the way Roy did.

lets just what goes on tonight they must and I mean must have a striker lined up although I would laugh if it was dempsey and spurs take him tonight instead although that would be in a round about way worse for us as our champions league rivals would be streghthening instead of the RS just getting a touch better

2 years ago we won.

Last year we got screwed by the ref.

So its obvious this year we'll go in to the game in a great run of form while they are struggling.

And completly **** ourselves as they coast to an easy 2-0 win.

Under Hodgson was the only time we never looked like losing one. I know we've won other derbys under Moyes, carsley, johnson, gosling etc but that was probably the only comfortable one.

That's the only thing that gives me any hope.

We've won the odd one or two under Moyes but we've only ever won one convincingly in 2003. We should have leathered them all over the shop last year and bottled it every time, so I wouldn't back us in a derby ever again. Wouldn't put a quid on us.

This.

As much as Moyes talks the talk about being the peoples club etc, he has a hard time getting some of our lot up for the game against the ****e. We had a much worse side during the Joe R days and we used to spank them more than enough. Just feel Moyes puts too much fear in the players and doesnt give them enough freedom. The fact Gerrard seems to raise his game doesnt help.

tumblr_m15zmaALmd1qk802j.gif

We could field XI ballon d'or nominees and they could field their reserve XI, but we'd still manage to bottle it.

Inferiority complex.

I look forward to Anichebe on the wing and 6 in midfield - oh no that's only at Anfield. Goodison is the one where we get robbed by referees rather than Moyes' tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.