Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm aware that they didn't break any rules. I'm making the point that the PL stands for a situation where member clubs are bought by owners who saddle them with such an enrmous debt...that's ok (as is allowing ownership of member organisations by regimes like Saudi Arabia).

The whole thing is a farce.

Thought the original point of FFP was to stop football clubs getting into massive debt and going into administration, what a fool I am because it's purpose is obviously keeping the big six clubs where they are the head of the pile and keeping the rest below the glass ceiling.

The more I read from you the more Ilm convinced you'd love to see Everton saddled with a massive points deduction or even straight relegation.

You'll be on here tomorrow crowing about a £50M loss for 2021/22.

Your priorities are completely effed-up.

I'm not the one mismanaging the club. Bill Kenwright and Denise Barrett Baxendale are

Turnover between 1.5 Bn and 2Bn over a 3 year period. One year of 150m loss is not an issue Man Utd cannot manage
Well UEFA adjusted losses were €30m in a 3 year period although I suspect these don't hold much right now.

Let's assume costs of £25m per year for FFP allowances.

£105m + £75m=£180m.

£150m of that already used.

Means that they need to improve results by 90 pct or £135m and keep then there in order to hit the £105m in 2024. Or pre tax losses not exceeding £15m or averaging it in both years.

Thought the original point of FFP was to stop football clubs getting into massive debt and going into administration, what a fool I am because it's purpose is obviously keeping the big six clubs where they are the head of the pile and keeping the rest below the glass ceiling.

It's just a billion though...United can service that debt. No worries. And then they can get a blood-soaked regime to prop them up if they need to.

That's all ok for the PL. Good job they're cracking down on the really big problems like Everton's.

Well UEFA adjusted losses were €30m in a 3 year period although I suspect these don't hold much right now.

Let's assume costs of £25m per year for FFP allowances.

£105m + £75m=£180m.

£150m of that already used.

Means that they need to improve results by 90 pct or £135m and keep then there in order to hit the £105m in 2024. Or pre tax losses not exceeding £15m or averaging it in both years.
They don't need to improve their results by 90%. Their revenue is close to 600m a year. Their revenue dropped by about 120m with Covid (down from 627m to 509m so very valid grounds to justify Covid losses with PL with regard to Covid losses. Even without the allowance of Covid losses, closing a deficit of 150m only requires an adjustment of 45m to be compliant. Finding a strategy to convert an extra 7.5% to profit of revenue is very easy for a club their size by adjusting their transfer budget. They are in zero danger or risk of FFP problems

They don't need to improve their results by 90%. Their revenue is close to 600m a year. Their revenue dropped by about 120m with Covid (down from 627m to 509m so very valid grounds to justify Covid losses with PL with regard to Covid losses. Even without the allowance of Covid losses, closing a deficit of 150m only requires an adjustment of 45m to be compliant. Finding a strategy to convert an extra 7.5% to profit of revenue is very easy for a club their size by adjusting their transfer budget. They are in zero danger or risk of FFP problems
This £150m loss was the season following Covid. 2021-22. I'm looking ahead.

However I suspect that you are right, a club their side and with their revenue streams won't fail FFP.

Just may as well ask you, as a fan of a club who experienced both divisions what do you think of EFL Championship FFP polices? Sure you have a view.

This £150m loss was the season following Covid. 2021-22. I'm looking ahead.

However I suspect that you are right, a club their side and with their revenue streams won't fail FFP.

Just may as well ask you, as a fan of a club who experienced both divisions what do you think of EFL Championship FFP polices? Sure you have a view.
The 150m was the accounting loss of the company. The accounting loss does not show Covid allowance as the Covid loss is only an FFP requirement, the accounting loss is what the company's office and HMRC require, and they don't care about FFP.

Our time in the Championship was some of the best times I have had supporting Villa. We had midweek games, they were all on live on TV or the club's subscription channel (which was only 60 quid for every game in the season) and we were winning games and competing which was a lot more fun than losing every week in the PL.

As regards FFP, I agree with it in principle but it needs adjusting. All clubs know the rules and if u break them u get punished. However, a points deduction to most EFL teams would not have the seismic impact that a points deduction in the PL has. The gap in money between the two leagues makes comparisons like comparing apples and oranges, Avg revenue of clubs in the EFL is 20m, avg rev in the PL is 141m for a team that doesn't qualify for any European football and 444m for those in Champs league. The gulf is too big. And in its wisdom, the PL gives the 3 relegated teams, which are probably better teams than the others in the EFL a gift of 45m which is more than 200% of the avg total rev of an EFL club. The entire system needs major reformation.

I think it was the established top 4 they were trying to protect after City started spending wildly to break into it, hence the amount of investigations they are facing dating right back to when their spending started.

Unfortunately our spending after Moshiri came on board has sucked us right into it as we have struggled to stay onside in respect of FFP. Shame we didn't find investment before FFP came in like Chelsea did, but we know who was/is responsible for that.

It will be interesting to see how Newcastle play it. So far it looks that are playing it safe so as to stay within FFP regulations. It does mean though that it is going to take them longer to join the elite than it would have done 15 years ago.

Dave. You say it is a farce only because Everton have been referred.

If P&S was abolished tomorrow Newcastle via Saudi Arabia could out spend every one and we couldn't possibly compete

It's not a farce

What is a farce is Everton have been put in this position by fantasist Bill Kenwright and "Best in the business" Denise Barrett Baxendale

That are incompetent and mismanaged Everton Football Club

That is the farce
This 100%.

I'm aware that they didn't break any rules. I'm making the point that the PL stands for a situation where member clubs are bought by owners who saddle them with such an enrmous debt...that's ok (as is allowing ownership of member organisations by regimes like Saudi Arabia).

The whole thing is a farce.
I certainly agree on the regime stuff, er not good! Several clubs plus PSG.

The debt thing is interesting, not just Man United but Burnley were one of the best run clubs around. For years albeit not with the resources like Man United to absorb.

What exactly I wonder did they gain as a club, fans whoever. Not altogether sure what good it did them although maybe they'll come back stronger with Kompany and a different style of play but it seems to me that a modest yet brilliantly run club was sold and then brought for commercial gain- both old and new owners benefit but the club itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.