Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd are £1billion in debt and we're the ones up in front of a Commission about sustainability.
This is fair although a strict reading of the rules makes me think that maybe Man United on course to breach to 2023-24 or maybe 2022-23. It's about losses not debt- rights and wrongs are another debate.

I said earlier in the thread that £150m loss in 2021-22 starts to put them on the radar. Prior profits and moderate losses keep them fine to 2021-22, to tbis sesson hard to say but they've made pre tax losses of £25m so far in the 6 months to the end of December 2022...I think it's unlikely they fail to 2022-23 but a starting point of -£150m for last season is interesting to say the least!

Debt is not part of FFP, the interest on the debt is but a few percentage points to a club with the revenue of Man U is probably quite sustainable
Sustainable yes although their cash balance is falling.

Then sustainability aside there's the all important q of the PL loss limit.

For me personally, irrespective of sustainability if a club breach loss limits charges need to follow.

Did they break the rules too?

I'm aware that they didn't break any rules. I'm making the point that the PL stands for a situation where member clubs are bought by owners who saddle them with such an enrmous debt...that's ok (as is allowing ownership of member organisations by regimes like Saudi Arabia).

The whole thing is a farce.

This is fair although a strict reading of the rules makes me think that maybe Man United on course to breach to 2023-24 or maybe 2022-23. It's about losses not debt- rights and wrongs are another debate.

I said earlier in the thread that £150m loss in 2021-22 starts to put them on the radar. Prior profits and moderate losses keep them fine to 2021-22, to tbis sesson hard to say but they've made pre tax losses of £25m so far in the 6 months to the end of December 2022...I think it's unlikely they fail to 2022-23 but a starting point of -£150m for last season is interesting to say the least!
No chance of Utd having FFP issues. All commercials revenues bar European football are up and they will be back in the Champions League next season. They have also got a good manager and have come out of their low period of not competing.

I'm aware that they didn't break any rules. I'm making the point that the PL stands for a situation where member clubs are bought by owners who saddle them with such an enrmous debt...that's ok (as is allowing ownership of member orgainsations by regimes like Saudi Arabia).

Dave. You say it is a farce only because Everton have been referred.

If P&S was abolished tomorrow Newcastle via Saudi Arabia could out spend every one and we couldn't possibly compete

It's not a farce

What is a farce is Everton have been put in this position by fantasist Bill Kenwright and "Best in the business" Denise Barrett Baxendale

That are incompetent and mismanaged Everton Football Club

That is the farce

I'm aware that they didn't break any rules. I'm making the point that the PL stands for a situation where member clubs are bought by owners who saddle them with such an enrmous debt...that's ok (as is allowing ownership of member orgainsations by regimes like Saudi Arabia).

Interesting the new rules on ownership today, pulling the ladder up behind a few again. Coincidental that two of the biggest commercial teams in the league just happen to be up for sale as well.

At what point do they kill the goose that lays….

No chance of Utd having FFP issues. All commercials revenues bar European football are up and they will be back in the Champions League next season. They have also got a good manager and have come out of their low period of not competing.
Well the UEFA loss limits are quite tight or have been.

-£150m is an interesting starting point for that.
Once the better years drop off will they make up the shortfall. Of course a return to CL revenue and finishing higher will help a lot. However they were in the CL in the -£150m loss season.

That is one of the things that really bugs me and should not be allowed. Allowing club owners to put huge debt on the club should be banned, that is the sort of thing FFP should be focusing their efforts on rather than a club that made some poor decisions while trying to improve themselves

Interesting the new rules on ownership today, pulling the ladder up behind a few again. Coincidental that two of the biggest commercial teams in the league just happen to be up for sale as well.

At what point do they kill the goose that lays….
Trying to get ahead of a Regulator probably?

Dave. You say it is a farce only because Everton have been referred.

If P&S was abolished tomorrow Newcastle via Saudi Arabia could out spend every one and we couldn't possibly compete

It's not a farce

What is a farce is Everton have been put in this position by fantasist Bill Kenwright and "Best in the business" Denise Barrett Baxendale

That are incompetent
The more I read from you the more Ilm convinced you'd love to see Everton saddled with a massive points deduction or even straight relegation.

You'll be on here tomorrow crowing about a £50M loss for 2021/22.

Your priorities are completely effed-up.

That is one of the things that really bugs me and should not be allowed. Allowing club owners to put huge debt on the club should be banned, that is the sort of thing FFP should be focusing their efforts on rather than a club that made some poor decisions while trying to improve themselves
Spot on mate.

Well the UEFA loss limits are quite tight or have been.

-£150m is an interesting starting point for that.
Once the better years drop off will they make up the shortfall. Of course a return to CL revenue and finishing higher will help a lot. However they were in the CL in the -£150m loss season.
Turnover between 1.5 Bn and 2Bn over a 3 year period. One year of 150m loss is not an issue Man Utd cannot manage

Status
Not open for further replies.