2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a Patterson who's well drilled and given clear instructions from a manager like Dyche could be an asset for us in this final 10 games, Dave.

He's raw and has made mistakes but I'd fancy Dyche to teach him the game.
If Coleman gets an injury it'll mean a reshuffle on the right. I can see Patterson getting a role out wide further up the pitch. He's an athletic lad but a bit clueless about what to do with whatever he has (yet to be determined, btw).

Well, he's proven he's robust enough to play all games....unlike others.
It's been quite remarkable to be honest. His level hasn't dipped and he's probably been our best player. Well, him and Doucoure anyway. I am sure he'll continue to start games until either injury or loss of form, and rightly so. I've been a huge critic of his, but he's been excellent since Dyche took over, really leading by example. Only place I can disagree with you is that it will be Patterson who replaces him whenever he's not fit/selected, as Dyche really hasn't shown any liking to Holgate, and I highly doubt he'll play somebody out of position ahead of Patterson if he's fit.

I think it’s just dyche telling him to do what he can do and not make him do something he can’t do. At his age he can’t be asked to be pushed up the pitch constantly, he hasn’t got the pace he had to get back. Think the set up now where we sits back and he chooses went to go for an overlap suits him. His experience on reading the game helps him a lot. Think over last 10 years he has certainly been one of the best right backs in the prem. He should get more praise especially when you consider the amount we paid him for and the amount of games he has played for us. Best business in prem history for me.
Spot on this. Last night he was playing through balls into the strikers from the half way line after they had beaten the France press. One particular pass that split their defence wide open was one that Modric would have been proud of. Modric, who by the way is still playing internationals at 37. No way was Coleman missing the opportunity to play and captain his team in such a high profile international against one of the world's best teams. Nor should he, as he is clearly back to his best form and is injury-free. It was an outstanding performance from him up against the world's best player.

20230328_131645.jpg

Seamus was well managed over the break, not involved in the friendly against Latvia. Pivotal in how Ireland set up last night. Seamus knows his own body at this stage. Every manager he has worked with has a high opinion of him, its only the same faces here that dont.

Some have been writing him off for about half a decade. I'd imagine this will likely be Seamus's last season as an automatic starter..hopefully we stay up and Dyche will make a decision on whether Patterson gets to nod or we bring in someone else to replace Seamus.

If Coleman gets an injury it'll mean a reshuffle on the right. I can see Patterson getting a role out wide further up the pitch. He's an athletic lad but a bit clueless about what to do with whatever he has (yet to be determined, btw).

If we're holding onto a lead I could defo see him playing RW, Dyche did similar with Mykolenko on the left in the last 10 mins against Brentford. Would like to see Patterson's delivery tested with more liscence to get the ball in the box.

If we're holding onto a lead I could defo see him playing RW, Dyche did similar with Mykolenko on the left in the last 10 mins against Brentford. Would like to see Patterson's delivery tested with more liscence to get the ball in the box.
From what I've seen of him in attack mode he likes to drive in-field toward the box rather than hog the touchline.

So you don't believe a player of his age, who has shown previously games can catch up on him fast, wouldn't have benefitted from having a nice two week break instead of playing an unwinnable game vs France?
No game is lost until it's over, come on, stranger things have happened.
Throwing in the towel just isn't on and Coleman would be nowhere near an attitude like that

Status
Not open for further replies.