2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he brings control to the team, only part of football is about what you do on the ball. Its a game of influence and momentum, enabled by systems to gain control, to dictate your play. Idrissa is the same, hes a bad passer of the ball but he enables and assists to control, like Carsely did or Peter Reid. The only games we looked in part of control over where when he was in the team, we controlled 0 games bar Palace and WHU when he wasn't in it. The evidence base is there
Sorry mate, not buying it.

He's sloppy, unreliable, can't play a pass, control a football and he's easy to get past. Can't shoot, can't head a ball, not many plusses.

Had he stayed fit we would have gotten top 6 that season under King Carlo.

Benitez also had us in the top 6 until his injury then we plummeted.

He's a very good player - the boo boys laughed when I rated him at Watford. Him and Gana prior to his departure to PSG would have been a tasty midfield duo when we had the likes of Richy/Dominic Calvert-Lewin/Digne/Gyfi in the team.

We dont even have to go back that long mate, remember when we sold Idrissa and brought in Gbamin, we had to play with Gylfi and Davies in midfield for almost the entire season and got mullard in the engine room. Even under Lampard we had 0 control in the game and the midfield was getting wiped out. Hes been so key, and influential to our recent results, hes been great since hes been here. Whose been a better and more influential central midfielder in his time here..

He's not a technical player (same as Onana/Gana/Davies) he gives the ball away (same as Onana/Gana/Davies/Iwobi), but he has previously and is doing so now scoring goals for us (which none of the others have or will do)
He is box to box which none of the others are.
I get the hate as he was built up probably above his abilities that 1st season (though he was one of our best players that year) and he has been well below that level since.
But right now, he is scoring us crucial goals and is part of a system under Dyche that has actually made us look like a team, and is giving us hope of staying up.
Ffs there's one's on here that still hold the Dele signing as decent because he swung in one cross last season but stunk the place out every other single minute he played for us.

I'd like to gold my hands up and say I was wrong about Doucoure.

I'd like to but I'm not. He's still a donkey in a lilac patch - mildly purple. Still can't play football, but can gallop around sticking his gangly legs everywhere.

Everyone jizzed over Iwobi having about 5 good games under Lampard, now he's turd again. I'm not making the same mistake with this lumbering oaf.
Yup. This is the curse of Evertonianism. We hype a new player before he can even be judged - and we find ourselves disappointed. We then make a fair judgement on the player - usually after a statistically significant number of matches. That player then has a purple patch. We then reassess the player, forget recency bias, reverse our better judgement in kneejerk delight, and lobby for a contract extension on improved terms. We then wonder why we are headed to the Championship and into the teeth of FFP.

Doucoure has had long enough to show his worth at Everton. We see that he's capable of the odd moment of excellence, many moments of mediocrity, and quite a few incidences of incompetence. He's really not worth celebrating in any way, shape, or form.

He had an excellent game for us yesterday....can we just celebrate that instead of blemishing his contribution with random games from the past.
NO, REMEMBER THAT ONE GAME WHERE THAT THING HE DID WASN'T GREAT AND THE TIME HE SAT ON THE BALL?

BIN

When he sat on the ball because he knew he wasn't getting a game? That one?
Agree, Bin him for the rest of the season................yeah Ok!
STRAIGHT IN THE BIN MATE IT'S OBVIOUS HE DOESN'T CARE

(this is clearly a joke, I've stated he's doing well recently even if he's still a donkey in general)

He's not a technical player (same as Onana/Gana/Davies) he gives the ball away (same as Onana/Gana/Davies/Iwobi), but he has previously and is doing so now scoring goals for us (which none of the others have or will do)
He is box to box which none of the others are.
I get the hate as he was built up probably above his abilities that 1st season (though he was one of our best players that year) and he has been well below that level since.
But right now, he is scoring us crucial goals and is part of a system under Dyche that has actually made us look like a team, and is giving us hope of staying up.
Ffs there's one's on here that still hold the Dele signing as decent because he swung in one cross last season but stunk the place out every other single minute he played for us.

That's right. Was same at Watford where he played as a box to box 8. Was one of the few things FSW got right as he started the 2021 season very well before he picked up an injury.

He fits Dyche profile and he's sensibly realised it's better to push him up the pitch rather than play him DM as Lampard was doing this time last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.