Everton Youth Teams Thread

…if you think that’s bad, you obviously don’t remember the Baseball Ground.

Must be rare for two hat-tricks in a 3-3 draw, actually thought the Derby scorer looked useful in those clips.
Did you see that pitch at Wrexham yesterday? that looked a bit on the bumpy side.

Did you see that pitch at Wrexham yesterday? that looked a bit on the bumpy side.

….I think fans are spoiled by the bowling green pitches these days. If you look at the Derby pitch, the players kits still look very clean at the end. I’d actually much prefer to play on surfaces with more give, rarely see muddy knees these days.

Just to make sure @Eggs is not hogging all the glory my “ Would I lie to You” card would read “ I once scored an equalising goal in a Youth Club Cup Final at Wrexham’s ground” It was the end where all the Wrexham goals were scored last night , best pitch I’d ever played on at the time ?

Just to make sure @Eggs is not hogging all the glory my “ Would I lie to You” card would read “ I once scored an equalising goal in a Youth Club Cup Final at Wrexham’s ground” It was the end where all the Wrexham goals were scored last night , best pitch I’d ever played on at the time ?
It looked a bit bumpy on the TV yesterday but tbf it looked like they are having a fair bit of work done to the ground.

It looked a bit bumpy on the TV yesterday but tbf it looked like they are having a fair bit of work done to the ground.
The stuff to rebuild the old Kop End wouldn’t interfere with the pitch, and I know they spent £200k on the pitch prior to last season. But that’s probably peanuts compared to what Everton spend . Southport where the u21s play is a good example , the pitch is often very poor later in the season, no money to spend .

….I think fans are spoiled by the bowling green pitches these days. If you look at the Derby pitch, the players kits still look very clean at the end. I’d actually much prefer to play on surfaces with more give, rarely see muddy knees these days.
muddy knees = 'out of control' tackles = risk of a red card (sadly)

There's only really Kyle John who needs a loan. (Assuming that Welch, Price and Mills are all being viewed a first team players).

The 21s squad is pretty thin too. We'll need to keep a couple just to be able to fulfil our fixtures!

be surprised if they even get a minute under dyche (not that lampard was using them either).

…if you think that’s bad, you obviously don’t remember the Baseball Ground.

Must be rare for two hat-tricks in a 3-3 draw, actually thought the Derby scorer looked useful in those clips.

The Baseball Ground or the Beachball Ground as my arl fella used to call it.