2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got absolutely no right to sulk and he has most certainly not run himself into the ground for us. He's had maybe half a dozen good games for us in 3 years. I would imagine that he's a bit fed up of not getting a game when we're having the same problems every week, but he's proved plenty of times that he's not the answer to our problems so he can't feel too hard done by. He's shown beyond doubt that he's a crap footballer, now it seems he's a crap professional too.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not excusing him. Not one iota.

just that in his mind, FSW had told him to join the attack, and Frank then had him chasing lost causes with 57 year old Allan.

Doesn’t matter now.

Same thing happened at Chelsea with Lampard as well.

I think you either need to be super ruthless (Fergie style) or inclusive like Ancelotti. Lampard seems to be inbetween and not really know his identity.
This is fair.

He seems to have a players pal persona, but if that’s what it was, I think subbing the entire XI in the cup game and saying publicl “ok you bunch of losers, you want a game let’s see it “ (paraphrase) was the end of that.

He might be dreadful on the ball, but not afraid of speaking out. Clearly some of lampard decisions have been poor from a game management perspective and fair play to him for speaking out. Last time he played for us when iwobi got injured, he showed some encouraging signs that maybe there is still a player there that could be useful to us.

Like a lot of these losers, gets another chance with a new manager. Probably even take up his one year extension option. Can’t bear it. Sell, release whatever but just do it as soon as possible. Not part of the future, please.
This is my fear for a lot of our players when a new manager arrives. I get that whoever comes in will have his own ideas but as Frank found out - he wanted to be matey with the squad and kept giving them games thinking that they were better than they are. We've watched this shower for 2 years. They are awful. Don't get taken in by Iwobi and his 5 a side step overs or Doucoure running around like a knackered shire horse or Gordon banging into the top bin in shooting practise. These players are rubbish. Be ruthless and clear out as many as possible. I'd rather have a squad of 15 augmented with yputh players than see most of these ever pull on an Everton shirt again. Fool me once - shame on you - fool me twice....

Don’t think he should be near the team based on his performances for us.

But, he called out some crap tactics by the manager that had our team at rock bottom morale (from what I gather). Fair play to him because it’s what we were all screaming.

The same way digne did with Benitez.

The difference being, digne is a better player and lampard is a more likeable bloke than Benitez. But otherwise, it’s pretty much the same situation. (Oh and doucoure acted like a petulant child in the Man City warm up which didn’t help).

Honestly, Doucs have been poor for us even before FL arrives.

And this isn't the first time an Everton (ex)-manager buttheads with a player. This is what happens when the club play Manager roulette and board/owner/kia/owner's advisors signing players for the club. This fight is just as symptom of a poorly run club over the years.

Good luck to the new manager and I hope he is able to bring the best out of this bunch, and then clear them all out in the summer.

If the manager is sacked then I don't think Doucoure will be sold in this window.

To be fair to him and others in the squad I would be very annoyed at being ignored when you consider the form of those picked ahead of him.

It is beginning to appear as if the dressingroom was not a happy one.
Sorry but that’s garbage, he had enough fakes under Frank last season to cement his place in his midfield. Then frank goes out and buys 3 new midfielders in the summer and since then
He’s spat his dummy out.

Was crap at Watford and now crap at us, basically he’s crap. Get rid asap I’d rather play the kids

Theres a lot of criticism on Doucoure, as with most of the players.

I wouldn't rush to any judgements until I know exactly what the dispute was about though. If he has come to the view that Lampard was a poor manager, this is what any experienced pro will come to.

He could have tried harder, but Lampard was tactically inept and made players worse. And senior pros will call that out.
?? could have tried harder, what a comment that is, he’s supposed to be a professional and getting paid a lot of money for the privilege,

The new manager will be the 6th, 7th or even 8th a lot of this group have played under. This will doucoure’s 4th in 2.5 yrs. think we need to stop putting to the Blame solely on the managers. Franks wasn’t up to the job, but doucoure has proved, in his time out the club he’s not up to the job either. Should never play for us again imo

Status
Not open for further replies.