2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
A player that we couldn't win a game without for a while. Hes a good player when used correctly. We now have Onana who, yes, is a great prospect for the future. But if we're not winning games, none of it matters.
Used properly? Let me guess played further forward, because some people think he scores goals, he doesn’t. And his passing is some of worst I’ve ever seen from an Everton midfielder in 40yrs.

No, he takes credit for apointting Lampard to keep us up, but thats it, since we started the DOF thing all the players have either been on them or the manager in certain cases
? he’s involved in the negotiations for transfers mate that’s well known, just the echo only seem to name him in the good deals

Used properly? Let me guess played further forward, because some people think he scores goals, he doesn’t. And his passing is some of worst I’ve ever seen from an Everton midfielder in 40yrs.

His best period came with James running the games. That link between defence and attack and just played the simple passes.

Very, very limited technically is Doucoure.

….this time last season he was a key player for us, then Onana & Gueye were signed pushing him down the pecking order. I still think he’s a decent back-up because he offers ‘legs’ when many of our central midfielders don’t have that energy & powers of recovery.

Possession is very hit and miss, but his strengths are more about what he brings when he doesn’t have the ball. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lampard triggers his contract extension but he might find an offer difficult to turn down if it allows more monies to spend.

Second worst after Gomes.
At least gomes had the Mandela effect 1st season where people thought he was great till the injury and was liked by Silva. This fella was apparently the answer to what a 3 time European cup winning manager would want pulling the strings and was a dagger to our ffp

Status
Not open for further replies.