Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The encouraging thing for me so far, apart from green shoots in controlling games, perfomences and better squad depth in certain areas are draws.

Sounds weird to say, but we lost far to many games last season, if some of those losses had been draws we would have been very comfortable.

If we are reversing some of those losses into draws it’s a huge boost in our arm. I know it doesn’t work like ver batem but if we lower the loss column and our increase draw colum we could be comfortable, we had 6 draws last season, we have 4 already this season.

Last edited:
It's hard to name 3 clubs with a likelihood of being relegated this season. OK Bournemouth usually heads the list, but with a new coach and owners, who knows? Surely Forest will recover with loads of players, good manager and full house support. Fulham def not and Everton def not. Surely not Leicester or West Ham and so on. A total collapse of the RS would be nice but I can't see it. Who else is there?

EvPremPerf.png

From our dept. of I-must-have-been-bored: here's a little graphic of EFC in the PL; bounce due next?

As well as points and final league position, I added a third trace which is basically k/(pos*pts) - kinda shows "points inflation" or something, you're getting less bang for your point ever since the 4th place finish, which is possibly indicative of the widening gulf between the Sky4 and the rest?

It's hard to name 3 clubs with a likelihood of being relegated this season. OK Bournemouth usually heads the list, but with a new coach and owners, who knows? Surely Forest will recover with loads of players, good manager and full house support. Fulham def not and Everton def not. Surely not Leicester or West Ham and so on. A total collapse of the RS would be nice but I can't see it. Who else is there?

hi-deniz-deniz.gif

Hopefully not proven wrong. But I just can't see this squad going on the kind of losing streaks we saw last season.

My only concern is the goal scoring especially in tight games, but this team won’t be getting hammered 4/5-0 often like we saw last season.

If Leicester don't sack Rodgers soon, they're my candidate alongside Bournemouth. They're woeful

Today was really important win.

Only draw and struggle in next three and suddenly it's back below a point per game for first third of season and all the negativity/worry that comes with that on internet message boards.

This was the sort of win you need to dig out to get comfortably into mid table.

Target now to me is get to 20 points before world cup break and that is very possible as you can really move away from bottom 5-6 teams in table.

I think Arsenal away getting cancelled was big for the season. Get a hammering there and suddenly everything would've been very negative but instead it's a fantastic 7 points from last 3 games and everyone's looking forward to next Sunday evening and giving Man. United their annual thorough examination at Goodison.

My only concern is the goal scoring especially in tight games, but this team won’t be getting hammered 4/5-0 often like we saw last season.

I agree, I would like to think if we get Rondon off the wage bill, and we already have Allan off the wage bill, we could sign a striker, even if it’s on loan to help us at the top end of the pitch.

The encouraging thing for me so far, apart from green shoots in controlling games, perfomences and better squad depth in certain areas are draws.

Sounds weird to say, but we lost far to many games last season, if some of those losses had been draws we would have been very comfortable.

If we are reversing some of those losses into draws it’s a huge boost in our arm. I know it doesn’t work like ver batem but if we lower the loss column and our increase draw colum we could be comfortable, we had 6 draws last season, we have 4 already this season.
So lose less games? That's genius mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.