Would you sign Welbeck? (rumoured to be wanting out of OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not sure that moyes hasn't ruined some players yet. If Welbeck was playing for Sunderland, we might not think as much of him.

He is a very good player, with a modern skillset built around running and denying opponent space, and except goalscoring he has pretty much everything.

Unfortunately he wanted to be the prima punta at the team, and I reckon that it is pretty hard for him to hold this down in any team. Otherwise, he is a very, very good defensive winger or wide forward to stop marauding full backs, or to cause problems through the channels.

Just think he's hyped up because he's 23 and plays for England. Wouldn't want him at all for how much he would cost

If Kone could come back by the start of the season he's better.

I can't really see Welbeck playing CF in Bob's system. I also don't think he has Naismith's ability to always be in the right position to play his position either. Maybe you could make him an attacking winger or something like Bob did for Lukaku.

We'd be a little lightweight but Chicarito could start for us. He's got 35 in 92 matches and that's mostly as a sub.

Think we should go after him.

People may laugh but look at Sturridge. At Chelsea he gained the reputation for being selfish, petulant and not a team player. Now under a manager who believes in him hes been one of the best strikers in world football this season and its Chelsea with egg on their face.

Always liked him even though his finishing leaves a lot to be desired. Reminds me of Adebayor - I hope we can take advantage of his uncertain future and make a bid Him/Cleverley would be nice.

Wouldn't be completely against signing him but think there are other targets we should be looking at before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.