Wolfsburg away details

Status
Not open for further replies.
report from the local wolfsburg rag - What a difference to lille. just shows that the French bizzies are a bunch of tw@ts

http://www.waz-online.de/Wolfsburg/Stadt-Wolfsburg/Englische-Fans-feierten-friedlich

google translate
English fans celebrated peacefully

Wolfsburg yesterday was firmly in the hands of Everton fans. Already during the afternoon traveled some 3,000 British guests, celebrated at the Irish Pub, Kaufhof or at the Christmas market, waving blue and white scarves and stilled their thirst with plenty of beer. Inside the stadium, there were then 4,500 visiting fans - the police had the situation under control.

It was a blue and white football festival: Before and Irish- Pub prevailed before the game very best mood that Everton fans sang continuously football songs, a peddler selling pins and T-shirts and host Andreas Nanos brought plenty of Guinness to the people. "It's all in a good mood, I love that," said the host. Front of the restaurant lit during the afternoon English fans also pyrotechnics. Fan Callum Baxter (28) from Manchester was for the first time in Wolfsburg: "The atmosphere is great. Everyone is so friendly! "Even German fans mingled with the English visitors. Oliver Bock (38): "The atmosphere is great, so makes football fun." Excitement in Sausalito at the Imperial-crossing or in Old Berlin in Kaufhof. Old Berlin CEO Charly Hauff: "All celebrate peacefully."

In the Alpine village at the Christmas market in the FUZO the bear was going on: The Wolfsburg band "Enemy Jack" agreed with the British crowd chants, which echoed through the Porsche road. Alps host Frank Kuban "This is something completely different!" Was packed the little beer bar Salonika at the northern head. An hour before kickoff of the game, the English visitors flocked happy chanted in the direction of VW Arena, one incident: At the Berlin bridge an Everton fan ran in front of a taxi, he came to the hospital as a precaution.

The Wolfsburg police was present since the early afternoon, positioned himself with many emergency vehicles throughout the City as well as at the station, and so it remained peaceful. Police spokesman Sven-Marco Claus: "It was a quiet operation."

report from the local wolfsburg rag - What a difference to lille. just shows that the French bizzies are a bunch of tw@ts

http://www.waz-online.de/Wolfsburg/Stadt-Wolfsburg/Englische-Fans-feierten-friedlich

google translate
English fans celebrated peacefully

Wolfsburg yesterday was firmly in the hands of Everton fans. Already during the afternoon traveled some 3,000 British guests, celebrated at the Irish Pub, Kaufhof or at the Christmas market, waving blue and white scarves and stilled their thirst with plenty of beer. Inside the stadium, there were then 4,500 visiting fans - the police had the situation under control.

It was a blue and white football festival: Before and Irish- Pub prevailed before the game very best mood that Everton fans sang continuously football songs, a peddler selling pins and T-shirts and host Andreas Nanos brought plenty of Guinness to the people. "It's all in a good mood, I love that," said the host. Front of the restaurant lit during the afternoon English fans also pyrotechnics. Fan Callum Baxter (28) from Manchester was for the first time in Wolfsburg: "The atmosphere is great. Everyone is so friendly! "Even German fans mingled with the English visitors. Oliver Bock (38): "The atmosphere is great, so makes football fun." Excitement in Sausalito at the Imperial-crossing or in Old Berlin in Kaufhof. Old Berlin CEO Charly Hauff: "All celebrate peacefully."

In the Alpine village at the Christmas market in the FUZO the bear was going on: The Wolfsburg band "Enemy Jack" agreed with the British crowd chants, which echoed through the Porsche road. Alps host Frank Kuban "This is something completely different!" Was packed the little beer bar Salonika at the northern head. An hour before kickoff of the game, the English visitors flocked happy chanted in the direction of VW Arena, one incident: At the Berlin bridge an Everton fan ran in front of a taxi, he came to the hospital as a precaution.

The Wolfsburg police was present since the early afternoon, positioned himself with many emergency vehicles throughout the City as well as at the station, and so it remained peaceful. Police spokesman Sven-Marco Claus: "It was a quiet operation."

This article makes me so proud!
Everton FC (including our fantastic fans) I love you!!!

Been a belter of a trip, this.

Hannover is a sound place. It's massive actually, didn't appreciate how big it is until I got here. The old bits which weren't bombed are also really nice. Wolfsburg isn't up to much, it's like a bigger version of Hemel Hempstead, but was fun to have a few drinks in before the game yesterday.

I shouldn't be surprised, but I couldn't believe the number of blues out here. Thousands. They seem to be everywhere. No idea how many were there but I was in block 28 to the side of the away section and my section and the one below it were completely full of blues. Same seemed to be true of the two sections on the other side of the away one.

Germans were all friendly and the police were spot on.

Didn't go to Lille, but speaking to those who did, it seems like this has been pretty much the ecmxact opposite of that trip, which is no bad thing. Got to kill some time today as our flight home later isn't til 9pm.

Been a belter of a trip, this.

Hannover is a sound place. It's massive actually, didn't appreciate how big it is until I got here. The old bits which weren't bombed are also really nice. Wolfsburg isn't up to much, it's like a bigger version of Hemel Hempstead, but was fun to have a few drinks in before the game yesterday.

I shouldn't be surprised, but I couldn't believe the number of blues out here. Thousands. They seem to be everywhere. No idea how many were there but I was in block 28 to the side of the away section and my section and the one below it were completely full of blues. Same seemed to be true of the two sections on the other side of the away one.

Germans were all friendly and the police were spot on.

Didn't go to Lille, but speaking to those who did, it seems like this has been pretty much the ecmxact opposite of that trip, which is no bad thing. Got to kill some time today as our flight home later isn't til 9pm.

Good to hear you had a boss time. Went to Lille, couldn't get to this one. germany is better place than france full stop. enjoy the ale today la. :cheers:

Hey Guys,

i got a Ticket yesterday in front of the Stadium. It was a great evening. I think your Fans are one of the best in England (and i saw a lot of Fans in the last years: Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, United, QPR, Newcastle, Hull, Stoke). I enjoyed the evening and i hope to see your Club and Fans very soon in Goodison Park.

Big Thanks to one of you, who gaves me his Pin after the Match (it was behind Sector 50 and it was a Joe Mercer Member-Pin)

See you! :bye:

Phillipe,
Are you in Wolfsburg ? Have just e.mailed the club, am at Heathrow, leaving for Hannover in half an hour but have left ticket at Home, have asked a Blue on here if he still has a spare but in case he doesn't what's the chances of paying at the turnstile section 37 ?
WHAT, NO TICKET?

What a few days those were, even though our hotel was closed down (we got an email at 6am this morning telling us this lol), it didn't stop us.
Jack the Rippers, was decent, the lack of Erdinger was a major let down, as well as not showing the RS, however, that Dublin inn was amazing! In there til 2am on the Weds, chatting with all the German Evertonians, who are quite simply amazing!

Game itself, just jumped over the fence in the upper tier into the away end, and going mental with Lukaku's goal.

German hospitality, once again, AMAZING. Took €150, spent €60, couldn't spend my money! What a week.

We're through, and we're top of the group... YES!

Got back today, absolutely shattered and still can't get warm yet

Stayed in the Leonardo Hotel in Wolfsburg which was right up the main street. Bumped into Sharpie, Snods and Stuart in the foyer. They'd stayed over Wednesday night but were travelling home straight after the game. All 3 took loads of time to chat and get photos with the fans and were superb with us

Couple of thoughts;

- Wolfsburg is not a particularly pretty or historic German town but the people were lovely and it doesn't matter where we go, we'll still have a ball
- Currywurst is for winners
- Stayed in Berlin Wednesday and I've never seen so many fit birds in one place, amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.