Why the Barca tactics aren't working for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) We're not pressing high like they do. We're sitting back and giving teams space

2) Teams aren't chasing us to get the ball back as they know we're not going to do anything with the possession we have

3) We haven't had the youth team playing that way for nearly a decade like the famous "La Mesia" squad that Barca have produced

4) We don't have one of the world's most expensively assembled teams

5) We don't have one of the best players in the history of the game to front it all for us

I'm not saying I think Martinez should make wholesale changes to the tactics, but I'm starting to fear that we're becoming one dimensional. Lille had no real trouble with us at all. Our only wins playing this style this season have been against Villa, WBA and Wolfsburg, and I think Wolfsburg had a bad day at the office when we walloped them.

Cheerful sod aren't I?

We have no creative CAM, barkley isn't the finished article and is all we have right now in that position. Also without mirallas we have no raw pace on the wings with pienaar and mcgeady

JWGutV7.gif

6) Had a terrible time with injuries

7) Coupled with a very tough run of opening games

8) A few seasons worth of individual mistakes all happening one after the other in the first 8 or so games.

Theres a few things we couldve and shouldve done better but its still early days results are starting to improve and hopefully performances will get back to normal too.

If we can couple early season attacking threat with our sudden defensive form, we'll be better than ever

Didn't work out so bad last season.
That's true but this a different season, injuries have played a big part in the start to this season but there is a
definite lack of urgency that is missing.

Hopefully last weeks victory over Villa will kick start our season but is no doubt something is missing from the
overall play.

Status
Not open for further replies.