Why are we leaking so many goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering we are the second highest scorers in the league, if we sort this defensive situation out we'll be laughing.

There's an argument to say to sort the defensive side of things out we might have to be less attacking, but I don't think that's the case. From what I saw from my seat on Sunday, individual errors really cost us. If we eradicate these mistakes, the clean sheets will come.

And they better do, because I'm getting absolutely raped in the Fantasy League because of it ;-)

feels like im copying and pasting my response here on the 100 of other threads lol

The reason why we are shipping goals is because we are not going over training as a unit and covering individual roles within the defence. Because we are not covering the fundemental on this then when the defence are going out, namely the centre halves, they havent been schooled all week in dealing with danger from the other team and a sa result more likeley to struggle.

Couple that with the fact we have a 37 year old in defence who is clearly not up to playing first team on a regular basis and sick note on the bench who isnt good enough to begin with and you see why our defence has not started like it was expected to.

That and it was only a matter of time before robbie made our defence worse lol

I think the world cup has hurt us.
Jags looks a different player I think his confidence has been hit.
I think the flapping beard has let the plaudits go to his head,his decision making and concentration have been awful.
Distin I think is struggling with the tippy tappy stuff in our own half
On top of that Martinez should have added in the summer it was really poor management giving hibbo another 2 years an not adding a back up right back,centre half and keeper.

Trying to make favourites happy.

Distin/Jags one of them need dropping, play your strongest team...Stones is our strongest CB at the min.
Osman still finds a way into the team, still finds a way to cause problems...for and against us
Both full backs going up the pitch together, creating us goals, but also causing a leak at the back
Barry doesn't seem to have his head together this season
Howard usually reluctant to come out, now he won't stop and his concentration levels are awful
Martinez won't address the issues, needs to be stronger and drop players

Karma for our keeper going viral at the World Cup.

Just when we get our hopes up, the universe delivers another anti-Blue kick-to-the-bollocks.

I'd say it's more a case of "shipping" goals rather than "leaking" them

We're going to need a bigger boat...

11-Container-ship.jpg

The thing is, goalkeepers need a run of games to find themselves.

Even Neville was dodgy at first, he was between the sticks in the Glen Keeley derby and was taken out of the firing line and loaned out.

Howard appears done to me.

At this stage I would be inclined to hand the gloves to Robles and see what he is really made off over a half dozen or ten games.

City did it with Joe Hart last season when he was playing badly.

Let's face it, the Wolfsburg game notwithstanding, Robles couldn't have done any worse than Timmy in these first five league games.

I agree mate I definitely would play him tonight but what do you do on Saturday the derby couldn't come at a worse time really I know they are not playing well but we were shocking there last season and at one stage I thought we were going to concede 6 or more.
Its not knee jerk with Howard he has always been iffy and for all the plaudits he received against Wolfsburg I was not impressed with his continual punching balls he should have caught.
This is a huge week for Martinez if it goes badly wrong I think his honeymoon period will be well and truly over,we have always worried about his tactical knowhow when it comes to organising a defence hopefully he is still on a learning curve.
Going back to the Keeley derby that shook the club and supporters for a good couple of months ,it took a long time to get the supporters back on side.

Status
Not open for further replies.