Who should be the starting CB pairing at West Brom?

CB pairing against West Brom

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deco

Player Valuation: £40m
This has been a big talking point over the past 3 days, but I don't think I've seen any kind of poll to see what the fan's thoughts are on this.

I've only included the main 4 choices, because there's more chance of Barry starting there than any of the youngsters and I'm not keen on doing every combination at the club (if I miss any combination in the poll just suggest it).

Jagielka.jpg

Sylvain-Distin.jpg

article_0a258c88a4f14a82_1373385128_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

John-Stones.jpg

Who would you pick, and why?

Jagielka and Distin have gave Martinez a mandate to ring changes, out of the four of them we will find different combinations that will keep it tight through the season. Just need it really soon.

Stones and Alcaraz are both better at playing the ball out from the back in this system, so my guess would be one of them combined with one of the other two. Whoever is in form really though.

Gotta 'rest' Jags. Otherwise it sends out a signal if you play crap you still play. Even the captain shouldnt be an automatic selection.

Jagielka and Distin have gave Martinez a mandate to ring changes, out of the four of them we will find different combinations that will keep it tight through the season. Just need it really soon.

Stones and Alcaraz are both better at playing the ball out from the back in this system, so my guess would be one of them combined with one of the other two. Whoever is in form really though.

Agreed. Personally I think it's Jags that should step out of the team at least for a little while

Browning? Not that I'd vote for him to start.

I think it would be a huge mistake for us to even consider anyone but those 4 to start at the back - Martinez surely won't want to risk a young player (other than Stones) in a defence that is under pressure?

I say we play the 4 of them in a 6-4-0 formation.

Howard
Stones Jags Alcaraz Distin
Coleman-----------------------Baines
Barry McCarthy Besic Naismith
------------------------------
Hibbert on for Naismith to sure things up in the last 15 mins.

I think it would be a huge mistake for us to even consider anyone but those 4 to start at the back - Martinez surely won't want to risk a young player (other than Stones) in a defence that is under pressure?

Wouldn't start him, like i said, but wouldn't be opposed to him getting some minutes under his belt in the near future.

For me it's Stones & Distin, I think Jags has looked very very poor but I dont think Martinez will drop his captain. Could see Stones having to wait until Swansea in the cup before he gets his start.

Went Stones and Distin.

Feel for Jags but he was woeful at the weekend. He looked broken. Would send a bad message to let him get away with it.

But, and it is a bit but (I like them and I cannot lie), if you drop Jags then more than likely Osman comes in a captain.

FFS GET CLEVERLEY ON

Wouldn't start him, like i said, but wouldn't be opposed to him getting some minutes under his belt in the near future.

I agree - he looks like he could really be a good player for us.

I'd have him starting a few in Europa/domestic Cups

Is right.

Gotta 'rest' Jags. Otherwise it sends out a signal if you play crap you still play. Even the captain shouldnt be an automatic selection.
Is right.

Can we sort out a permanent ban for anyone who says Alcaraz should play?
Is right.

I voted Distin and Stones. I'd give Distin or Baines the captaincy and drop Barry for Besic.

Status
Not open for further replies.