When did we cease to be the blues........

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteblue

Welcome back Wayne
"Chelsea took the spoils after a nine-goal thriller against Everton ended with the Blues eventually winning 6-3 at Goodison Park."

This comment and similar in all the national papers really wound me up.

It's been happening for a couple of years now, but to see a picture of Everton in Blue and Chelsea in Yellow with a caption going on about the Blues ( of Chelsea) really got to me........

Who started it......

"Chelsea took the spoils after a nine-goal thriller against Everton ended with the Blues eventually winning 6-3 at Goodison Park."

It's been happening for a couple of years now, but to see a picture of Everton in Blue and Chelsea in Yellow with a caption going on about the Blues ( of Chelsea) really got to me........

Who started it......
It wuz Chelsea lad

This time it really was

Who started it......

I think it is the media pushing their faves, wonder what will happen when Man U play Liverpool.

We are an old club with traditions and I like the fact that our nickname is the Toffees
there are loads of Blues but only one club called the Toffees
COYB, ooh yes that!

My biggest hatred in terms of presentation is that when Merseyside football comes up Liverpool - no matter what the context, be it local or national media - are ALWAYS mentioned first before Everton.

It drives me mad. Ignorant [Poor language removed].

Ignorant because they didnt list us alphabetically?
No, ignorant because there's no attempt to give balance. When you say the two club's names you say Everton first surely? Every Evertonian would. Liverpool supporters will always say their club's name first then ours.

So if the media ALWAYS mention Liverpool first what conclusion are you forced to draw?

No, ignorant because there's no attempt to give balance. When you say the two club's names you say Everton first surely? Every Evertonian would. Liverpool supporters will always say their club's name first then ours.

So if the media ALWAYS mention Liverpool first what conclusion are you forced to draw?
Liverpool are more famous and have won more?

Truth hurts like...

Status
Not open for further replies.