What's your favourite finish to an Everton match?

Most memorable finish?

• Radzinkski show - Southampton 2-1 (Feb 2003)

Votes: 15 8.1%
  • The comeback - Man Utd 3-3 (Sep 2010)

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • AJ wonderland - Arsenal 1-0 (Mar 2007)

Votes: 15 8.1%
  • Introducing Seamus Coleman - Spurs 2-2 (Dec 2009)

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Jelavic Part I - Sunderland 2-1 (Nov 2012)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Jelavic Part II - Spurs 2-1 (Dec 2012)

Votes: 35 18.8%
  • Baines to the rescue - Chelsea 1-1 (win on pens Feb 2011))

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Gosling goal missed by ITV - RS 1-0

Votes: 58 31.2%
  • Remember the name! - Arsenal 2-1 (Oct 2002)

Votes: 19 10.2%
  • Hans Segars takes a bung - Wimbledon 3-2 (May 1994)

Votes: 22 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chozz

Player Valuation: £5m
With the upcoming trip to Southampton, a fond memory of a last minute equaliser by Marcus Bent comes to mind. I also seem to recall the camera panning to that twitchy scrot faced pug Harry Redknapp, as you could actually see his heart break and face drop even further, if that's even possible. The memory cogs started churning and another sweet memory of Radzinski lashing in a late brace against the same opponents popped into my head.

So it got me thinking, what were some of my favourite climaxes, it can sometimes be that good, to Everton matches? In my lifetime I've had the misfortune of only being a kid during the 80s and not getting the full satisfaction of any kind of tangible suçcess in the subsequent years. And living in Ireland, most matches are from tv viewing. But we've all witnessed a certain game, when the ending left you with a euphoric feeling, whether it was live at Goodison, or watching alone in a far flung part of the world as strangers in a bar stare at your celebrations with confusion and bewilderment.

I watched the comeback against Utd on my laptop via a dodgy stream in a hotel lobby in Montreal at 8am. The game froze on me with the score at 1-3. I was just about to pack up when suddenly it returned with us on a counter attack led by Phil Jagielka and the scoreline reading 3-3. To say I was confused would be an understatement. But now I was on my feet screaming at the screen. As the game finished I still wasnt sure what happened, but there were a number of guests and staff growing concerned and staring at me.

The draw with Spurs was another I remember, where it seemed a classic Everton incident of coming back from 2-0 down only to concede a last minute penalty. As Hibbert bundled Palacios over I let out an expletive version of Victor Meldrew at the top of my voice. This time I was in a bar in Phuket, where the locals just cheered and oooohed at any goals. I spied a Spurs fan fist pumping in the corner. Boy was I happy to see the smile wiped off his smug face when Defoe had his spot kick saved.

Personally my favourite was probably the last gasp winner by Andy Johnson in the snow vs Arsenal. Probably because I was actually there. I remember the place just exploding when it went in. Everyone was embracing and the atmosphere was electric. Despite the unseasonal weather we all left Goodison with a warm feeling.

Clearly there are many more from our history, but I can only talk about the games I have seen, so whats yours?

Surprised THAT Rooney goal isn't on the list. It was a pretty special moment.

Failing that, the Radz goal is pretty hard to beat. BOOM.

Gosling against Liverpool.

118th minute and it meant that we wouldn't have to go through the torture of a penalty shoot out with that lot.

Jelavic v Spurs just my fave, probably because, from my seat, it was right below me. Fond memories of Radz v Southampton though, one of best "roofed" goals I can recall. I think the "remember the name" Rooney goal should definitely be on the list.
One from back in 1981 gives me a warm glow. FA Cup v Arsenal. 0-0 as it reaches the final few minutes - then with about 3 mins to go Kenny Sansom volleys in an oggie. Mickey Lyons makes it 2-0 in injury time.

Other thoughts, both last minute winners after we'd just conceded an equaliser. McFadden's Messi-esque volley against Charlton, and Ebrell's 25 yarder against Stockport in the FA Cup.

The Gosling one was great but I wasn't there and personally I never feel you can enjoy a goal as much when watching on the tv.

My favourite was the Jelavic vs Spurs. Goodison went absolutely mental after that, unreal stuff to be a part of. Was near Christmas as well so it felt like an early present.

Status
Not open for further replies.