We need a rethink...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Say NO to Ginger Managers
It just isn't working at the moment.
Need a tactical rethink. Defenders cannot do the fundamentals of defending, and our attack lacks the dynamism of last season.
I'm not advocating us getting rid of the manager.
I don't have my swimmy badges. Not a certified coach or anything like that.
Just a footie fan, who watches a fair bit of football. If something isn't working, you change it. It isn't working. So changes need to be made.

He needs to show a set and drop the players that cant play the way he encourages.

And dont be afraid to drop the likes of Rom and Baines because there high profile, too many under performing players playing week in week out

It just isn't working at the moment.
Need a tactical rethink. Defenders cannot do the fundamentals of defending, and our attack lacks the dynamism of last season.
I'm not advocating us getting rid of the manager.
I don't have my swimmy badges. Not a certified coach or anything like that.
Just a footie fan, who watches a fair bit of football. If something isn't working, you change it. It isn't working. So changes need to be made.

One simple adjustment would be to put the ball in the opposition penalty box more....dribble it in, maybe get a penno....fire shots in on target, maybe get a deflection or it breaks to one of our men.

All this football by numbers garbage is taking us nowhere.....who cares if statistics show only one in ten corners produces a goal....get the corner into the kill zone and see what happens.

Last edited:
One simple adjustment would be to put the ball in the opposition penalty box more....dribble it in, maybe get a penno....fire shots in on target, maybe get a deflection or it breaks to one of our men.

All this football by numbers garbage is taking us nowhere.....who cared if statistics show online in ten corners produced a goal....get the corner into the kill zone and see what happens.

Yep, just put the ball into the box!

Even when we did get behind them, Baines was doing stupid back passes to players on the edge of the box, rather than chipping it across the six yard box.

Too many old players there now and no pace down the flanks.Can,t see us holding on to Barkley with mid table mediocrity which is the best we can Hope for this season,10 points behind West Ham by Xmas !

The formation and squad are out of harmony. RM needs to change one or the other.

Stones in as soon as he can play. Barkley in the middle either forward or back, but in the middle running at people not away from them.

We've got the middle of the park sorted, we just need to find a way to speed up our attacking game and become a bit more penetrative. We need to basically get service to Lukaku. We have a top class finisher there who we aren't getting enough out of. Last season the full backs were much more of a threat and in the games where we've done well this season, such as Wolfsburg at home and Villa at home, they've been a big part of our attacking threat.

We're also not performing defensively. However, I'm hopeful that Stones' return will improve our passing from the back and relieve the pressure on the back 4. McCarthy will also help this.

We need width to our game it appears. That's where the manager got it hopelessly wrong today, imo. I hope today is a bit of a wake-up call for him and he doesn't try the Barkley-Naismith-Eto'o trio again. Thank God Kevin's injury isn't serious.

Centre backs need binning ASAP.

One is a couple of seasons past their expiry date, the other a season too far beyond it.

Get them out of the club and start building for the future with some fresh blood in there. Buy or loan one in January.

That is essential for us, IMO. 'Stones will be back' is not a solution. He cant do it on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.