Watching it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrb85

Player Valuation: £35m
Just watching a re-run of the game, two impressions I got when watching the game turned out wrong.

Firstly I thought at the time that Howard had made a great effort to save Gerrard's free kick. In fact he was both badly positioned for it and he somehow managed to fail to keep it out despite looking to have formed a strong enough wrist and hand.

Secondly I thought Lukaku was poor. He wasn't. He did alot of good ball holding and link up play. Perhaps my original view was clouded too much by his two cumbersome attempts at running through their midfield in the second half.

I think you're right on both. Howard was poorly positioned and he should have taken a step to his left before diving. He dived too early so couldn't keep it out. Was a good freekick, but not great.

Lukaku played well in the first half and cut in well from the right. If we'd have been given a penalty things may have turned out differently. He wasn't great in the second half but Martinez should have noticed that and changed it. It's also important to look at the balls that he was given by his team mates. Alot of them were difficult balls to control, especially when aiming them at his weaker foot in the air.

We saw what he can do last week when he gets put through one on one. We played him in and he was never going to miss. The same last season with the Southampton goal at home. That's where he is best.

People getting on his back and writing him off at the age he is are bell ends. They're the same type of people who slate Stones one week, and big him up the next. Don't think they will ever be able to have a balanced opinion about our players and look at the circumstances and appreciate that players go through form periods.

Such a different game when you know the outcome. Watching it again I thought most did well, Barry's energy levels though will lead to him being gradually phased out for either Besic or Gibson. Lukaku played well considering he was stuck out wide and Stones was ace. Hibbert was ok but needed McCarthy to constantly pick up runners where a RB should be sufficient.

I still thought we could nick it from that free kick at the death! Infact that was as good a chance as we will have as it was a free hit, last minute against a team that had just been stunned and fans with heads in hands. I was praying for a Man U 99 moment but Barry tried to be too clever :(

Mine certainly did no his tackle up to the free kick where the diver Ballotelli gained his free kick for the goal was down to him - the highlights made him look ok over 90 mins he was as useful as a chocolate teapot!

Un feckin real.

I have come to the conclusion that those whom fumed at Hibbo's inclusion yesterday fumed all the more when he proceeded to put in a good, solid performance.

Hence they keep beating their heads against a brick wall, trying to justify their pre match fuming was was rendered totally baseless by the doyen of our team.

In short, Tony Hibbert shot their fox at Anfield yesterday but they are in no mood to admit it.

Tony 1 GOT Fume Brigade 0

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.