was moyes liked by the backroom staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richymatinez

Player Valuation: £225k
Was wondering whether dm was liked by any of our backroom staff? There was rumours that people disliked him but not sure how true, always thought he seemed a nice man before he jumped ship and took us along for a ride does anyone know?

Dont know about backroom staff but members of staff around goodison and finch farm have critized him on there twitter accounts over the past few months.

And that ian ross fella didnt have much good to say about him before he was forced to take down his account

Dont know about backroom staff but members of staff around goodison and finch farm have critized him on there twitter accounts over the past few months.

And that ian ross fella didnt have much good to say about him before he was forced to take down his account
What type of stuff were they saying like?

The more you hear, the worse it gets....

There have been posters on here who talked about the poor treatment they received at Finch Farm.

Then you add together the comments made by Kevin Sheedy and Howard Kendall and clearly things were not right.

How can Howard Kendall not be invited to Finch Farm? How can his work be so disrespected?

I used to like DM's tough direction, now it just makes me think he was naive, and had only his own agenda at heart. I'm gutted we disrespected these guys who are true Evertonians.

Well, seeing most of the coaching staff left with him, thank goodness , he must have had some admirers.

The problem was not his staff, they all loved him. It was everything outside of the team picture that saw through his approach.

simply put, as I said months ago would happen. The United dressing room would all have been sat round going 'Alex would tell us to do this in this situation, why isn't the new boss doing it?' He had one approach and anyone in the backroom staff who disagreed with him would have grown to resent him over time.

I have said on here before, imagine sheedys position, developing talent the best he can and next thing he knows they are being loaned out to league one or Scotland and he never sees them again. They might not all be barkleys or rooneys but I reckon a lot of the youngsters could have made it over the 11 years. Without support they will always fall away.

The reality is moyes was so in his own mind frame that of course people behind the scenes would hate him for not trying to develop or change things that aren't working. He'll we had a 15 million pound defensive midfielder playing in an attacking role.simply because moyes was so much set on the cahill tactic that he couldn't see any way past it when he left. That's what makes it so funny him signing him and playing him in his best position because he must have been like 'I've spent 2 years doing something different for this man and now he wants me to play in my best position?'

People thought he became arrogant and that he thought he was bigger than the club. He showed no interest in the youth set-up preferring his own signings ahead of academy players.

Kenwright thought the sun shown out of moyes arse though
I think that sun has well and truly set

What type of stuff were they saying like?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26614180

David Moyes: Kevin Sheedy criticises Manchester United boss
Everton academy coach Kevin Sheedy has criticised Manchester United manager David Moyes for his tactics.

Sheedy, who coaches the Everton under-18 side, worked under former Toffees boss Moyes at Goodison Park.

After United's 3-0 defeat by Liverpool on Sunday, Sheedy tweeted: "All of you out there, Moyes was never interested in our youth team or players."

Sheedy also criticised Moyes's tactics, adding: "Punt the ball up to [Marouane] Fellaini - great viewing."

Moyes was Everton manager for 11 years from 2002 until last summer, when he left to replace Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford.

Under Moyes's replacement Roberto Martinez, Everton are three points ahead of United in sixth place.

Sheedy, 54, said: "We now have a manager who wants to win games."

Former Republic of Ireland midfielder Sheedy - who made over 300 league appearances for Everton - later deleted the tweets at the request of the club.

He's part of our history, a chapter in time, who cares, move on and support the team and Martinez no point dwelling on the past.
Correct - but I still wish him well.... National press (Martin Samuel, Oliver Holt, Henry Winter, et al) goaded /encouraged him to take on a "big" role and leave "little old Everton" - + Fellaini, Baines etc needed to leave "little old Everton" to progress - 10 months later? - Hang them out to dry - Now, who's in the running to replace Moyes? - Roberto Martinez !! - If only Hacks were measured by the same standards as Managers....

Correct - but I still wish him well.... National press (Martin Samuel, Oliver Holt, Henry Winter, et al) goaded /encouraged him to take on a "big" role and leave "little old Everton" - + Fellaini, Baines etc needed to leave "little old Everton" to progress - 10 months later? - Hang them out to dry - Now, who's in the running to replace Moyes? - Roberto Martinez !! - If only Hacks were measured by the same standards as Managers....
...those who can, do. those who can't, become hacks

Status
Not open for further replies.