Tribunal to determine Everton fee for ex-Rangers striker Naismith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contested or not, I'm pretty sure that players are free to walk away.
Based upon contract law, they company they were contracted to ceased to exist, would no longer honour the contract by paying wages, etc. Therefore the contract is nil and void.
When the new co. forms, they can transfer contracts over - BUT this must be to the agreement of both parties. It could quite easily happen the other way round, and usually does in the real world.

Personally don't see on what legal standing they can think about trying to go to a tribunal. TUPE laws are pretty clear, and they are there to protect the employee not the employer. He essentially has taken voluntary redundancy from one company and moved to another. Nowt wrong with that.

The legislation seems fairly clear in our favour but the fly in the ointment is player registration it's a slightly different case. I think things will almost certainly be on our favour but the confusion of registration issues means we might just make a token payment, like I've said and others have here tupe seems fairly straightforward

southampton paid 800k to rangers for davis and that was our of court after talking to lawyers,

I don't think anyone knows how much they paid but that's the rumour , it's strange as all the other clubs namely stoke , norwich, us and Sion have all clearly been given different advice. There was a 'rumour' that Southampton had started talks whilst Davis was still at rangers and may have been worred for that reason. Who knows ?

This rumbles on, but he is worth the hassle as he will be class next to jelavic next season, despite the disappointing result yesterday these two did look like they could link up very well for us

I don't think anyone knows how much they paid but that's the rumour , it's strange as all the other clubs namely stoke , norwich, us and Sion have all clearly been given different advice. There was a 'rumour' that Southampton had started talks whilst Davis was still at rangers and may have been worred for that reason. Who knows ?

IIRC the chain of events: reports were that Southampton wobbled over bringing Davis in, because of the letters sent out by Green, and looked to be pulling the plug > rumours were that Davis had took the hit on the deal and settled for less/zero signing on fee and the deal was back on. If that's the case then Southampton played a blinder. If the player wanted the move enough he, not them, would make it happen.

That is how to do business. Everton: big signing on fee for a player still injured and still have no full license for him and face legal action. That is NOT how to do business.

IIRC the chain of events: reports were that Southampton wobbled over bringing Davis in, because of the letters sent out by Green, and looked to be pulling the plug > rumours were that Davis had took the hit on the deal and settled for less/zero signing on fee and the deal was back on. If that's the case then Southampton played a blinder. If the player wanted the move enough he, not them, would make it happen.

That is how to do business. Everton: big signing on fee for a player still injured and still have no full license for him and face legal action. That is NOT how to do business.

Yeah that makes sense mate , although I have certainly heard there was a possible issue over when the 'negotiations ' started . I can see where you are comng from & i think I've made my position clear about everton in the market but I'm not sure (morality aside) there is too much to hammer them for over this.

Bad enough we signed him on a free. Now where gonna have a tribunal and have to pay for this waste of space

How long did he have left on his contract?
How much was he earning?
How many times did he play for them, and what were the Doctors views on his many injuries.

Cant see us getting rinsed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.