Transfer season 2014 - 1 month to go in the window - Poll so far

Out of 10 how would you rate this transfer window as of 30th July 2014?

• 10 (AMAZING)

Votes: 30 9.7%
  • 9 (Excellent)

Votes: 52 16.8%
  • 8 (Very Good)

Votes: 48 15.5%
  • 7 (Good)

Votes: 57 18.4%
  • 6 (Above Average)

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • 5 (Average)

Votes: 42 13.5%
  • 4 (Below Average)

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • 3 (Poor)

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • 2 (Very Poor)

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • 1 (Terrible)

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Cheese on Toast / Too close to call (no vote)

Votes: 19 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Besic, Barry, Barkley all signed! And Gibson & Kone will be like new signings too!
10/10, no question.

As of today, we are in a weaker position personnel wise than last season so it's poor.

I believe we will be stronger by the end of the window, but upto now it's pants.

Martinez said we need 27/28 players.

We've lost Lukaku, Deulofeu, Traore and gained Barry and Besic.

For me it's dreadfully poor upto now, we should have the players in, working on their fitness and team bonding ready for the season, not doing it when the season begins

Martinez said we need 27/28 players.

We've lost Lukaku, Deulofeu, Traore and gained Barry and Besic.

For me it's dreadfully poor upto now, we should have the players in, working on their fitness and team bonding ready for the season, not doing it when the season begins

Martinez was including youth players stepping up. None of us have a real idea (aside from garbutt) which players he thinks are ready to step up so maybe wind he neck in a wee bit on the numbers of players brought in.

But if you need it, we haven't actually gained Barry, he was here last season.

Martinez was including youth players stepping up. None of us have a real idea (aside from garbutt) which players he thinks are ready to step up so maybe wind he neck in a wee bit on the numbers of players brought in.

But if you need it, we haven't actually gained Barry, he was here last season.
Don't need to wind my neck in, simply stating facts, true about the youth, but i counted 24 including the likes of Garbutt, so we're still short. I hardly think he's calling up 7/8 new youngsters though.

Don't need to wind my neck in, simply stating facts, true about the youth, but i counted 24 including the likes of Garbutt, so we're still short. I hardly think he's calling up 7/8 new youngsters though.

24 + likely signing of Lukaku (who will slot straight in as he knows everyone) + more than likely two loan signings (who we don't need to be available for the first game because they aren't likely to be coming in as guarunteed first 11 players) = 27 (ye magic number)

27/28 is a number bobby thought would be ideal before he got to preseason. He may have seen l, for example, Besic can play right back and center half. And had some concerns regarding them positions alleviated.

To be perfectly honest fans judging the transfer window activity before it closes seems a waste of time to me anyway but I'm just saying I don't think there is much need to worry at this point in time.

It's Roberto's budget and he'll use it as he sees fit.

For those commenting "ridiculous thread" and going off topic deliberately:

The purpose of this Poll and the next one is to chart the highs and lows of the transfer season.

To see if people are favourable or against Martinez's overall transfer policy as the summer finishes.

If you don't care fine. Don't vote. Don't go off topic.

If you do. VOTE or comment thats fine.

Its not a "ridiculous" thread. Its to simply gauge overall views of whats happening by polling

Bold, colours, blimey all we need is a pie chart and it'll be like Matt Damon's back :oops:
My dad used to be tell me that the best lesson to learn, was when to keep quiet.

I'm going to vote Cheese on Toast cos I think the debate is pointless till the window's over.
Neg me if you like. NEA.

24 + likely signing of Lukaku (who will slot straight in as he knows everyone) + more than likely two loan signings (who we don't need to be available for the first game because they aren't likely to be coming in as guarunteed first 11 players) = 27 (ye magic number)

27/28 is a number bobby thought would be ideal before he got to preseason. He may have seen l, for example, Besic can play right back and center half. And had some concerns regarding them positions alleviated.

To be perfectly honest fans judging the transfer window activity before it closes seems a waste of time to me anyway but I'm just saying I don't think there is much need to worry at this point in time.

It's Roberto's budget and he'll use it as he sees fit.
Good points mate, for me i'm just worried as i've seen this happen before, we get into Europe, promises of strengthening the team and then nothing. I want us to push on now, Bobby told us in March we have £27m from player sales still, plus the new tv deal, yet i don't see it being spent (yet)

Maybe in a month i'll be proven wrong, but it smacks of Everton

Good points mate, for me i'm just worried as i've seen this happen before, we get into Europe, promises of strengthening the team and then nothing. I want us to push on now, Bobby told us in March we have £27m from player sales still, plus the new tv deal, yet i don't see it being spent (yet)

Maybe in a month i'll be proven wrong, but it smacks of Everton

Ah, I can't argue with that. But I do feel like with Roberto at the helm we'll take the chance to push on with both hands.

He's just now positive than Moyes was when we're l we've been in similar situations before.

Who's average are we talking about?

Ours in recent seasons?

Everyone else's this season?

I wasn't sure so I voted "average".

No important player out, with the possible exception of Deulofeu. Barry signed contract, Lukaku on his way. Coleman & Barkley have extended their contracts. Talks about Henen signing and hints at another 1-2 permanent signing and adding to that 1-3 loans... realistically it can't get much better.

A poll posted on 29th July asked us to rate the transfer window as of 30th July ? That's either the methodology of a fragmented mind or there's been some editing. Naughty naughty Bizo.

Status
Not open for further replies.