Tranmere Rovers v Everton. 22nd July, KO 7:45pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only pre season. Just a chance to see if anyone is ready to step up. Garbutt should feature in the 1st team this season.
Coleman holding his hamstring is a huge blow, far worse than the result. Also we need a better back up keeper. Robles is garbage.

Good run out for a few of the lads - 2nd half wasn't as tidy at the back - Stones was shaky but will be better for it

Garbutt - good
Pienaar - Good
Gibson - Good
McGeady - looked tricky and worked hard

We lacked any firepower up front especially in the 2nd Half which allowed Tranmere to push further forward - Hope and long will not be joining the first team this year I would guess

I'm embarrassed to go outside. Gash performance from a so called premier league club. Players should be fined. I've not been this upset since we lost to Wigan in the fa cup, utterly shambolic.

;)

Whole game analysis, who impressed the most?

Garbutt massive positive, good to have Gibson back and McGeady looking lively, anything else from those who had the stream?
Garbutt and Conor Mac were decent first half. Tyas browning has to be ahead of Hibbert. I rate Lundstram and he came into it alot for the last 30 mins of the first half. Not sure on Hallam Hope, thought Chris long did well considering he received little of the ball but worked hard. McGeady is a bit predictable; flashy but no real end product. Defending was woeful for both goals but it's early doors!

So looking likely that Garbutt, McAleny (HI CONOR) and Browning will get first team game time this season. Possibly Duffy too, I'd rather play him than Alcaraz.

Garbutt and Conor Mac were decent first half. Tyas browning has to be ahead of Hibbert. I rate Lundstram and he came into it alot for the last 30 mins of the first half. Not sure on Hallam Hope, thought Chris long did well considering he received little of the ball but worked hard. McGeady is a bit predictable; flashy but no real end product. Defending was woeful for both goals but it's early doors!

Have to disagree here, he put plenty of decent balls into the box.

McGeady looked really good - he's going to be a big player for us this season.

He'll be top fitness ready for the start of the season, whipping balls into our Rom.

That was just a gentle loosener. After last years pre-season games, especially Real Betis, I thought we were in for a relegation battle.
Hope Seamus coming off was just a precaution , but his hamstring seems to ping at least one or twice per season.

Status
Not open for further replies.