Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see how anyone get be disappointed with a free transfer? An england international at that, shall we persist with Osman in that role? We have some youth coming through but none that can do that role just yet.
Sweden+v+England+International+Friendly+oAxJoh-haE7x.jpg

Sorry to disappoint the Osman haters, but it has to be said...Leon has always been a better player than Cleverley, and still is. When Ossie is out of the squad picture completely or goes to Wigan on a free, Martinez will have the squad in a different shape, and will have any incomings well covered.

He'd do a job for us 100%, obviously wouldn't start but too many people jump on the media bandwagon. Anyone who claims 'he shouldn't be anywhere near our team' is deluded. Coincidence that Ferguson felt it was okay to let Gibson go but start Cleverly week in week out? I think not.

Have you ever represented your country?

I don't think FTY is suggesting he himself is a better player than Osman

May as well say "but have you ever made a film?" to someone who goes the pictures and doesn't enjoy it.

Ridiculous comment.

Reactions: FTY
He'd do a job for us 100%, obviously wouldn't start but too many people jump on the media bandwagon. Anyone who claims 'he shouldn't be anywhere near our team' is deluded. Coincidence that Ferguson felt it was okay to let Gibson go but start Cleverly week in week out? I think not.

Ballboy? Littersweep? Jimmy Martins assistant?
Cleverley is nowhere near the standard we should be looking at. Ask any Villa fan who's watched him this season and they will agree.

Gibson was let go because he was/is frequently crocked. And wtr TC playing every week, well, Utd's midfield in Ferguson's last few seasons wasn't exactly stellar was it?

I don't mind us getting Cleverley on a free if his wages are sensible. I would prefer us to possibly try for Delph as he is out of contract too (I would imagine he will be looking for a big payday though). With Osman and Pienaar in their 30's it makes sense to bring in a few younger players with some experience. Ideally I hope to see Ledson and a few others from our promising academy make the transition to 1st team.

There will always be takers for ex Man U players due to the standard of the academy. Also, if we managed to get a decent fee for a championship standard Jermaine Beckford then im sure we could move on a England international with a PL medal to his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.