Time to get a bit nastier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The signing of Besic pleases me not just due to his potential but also because of the nasty streak he has.

We don't have enough of them and one of the most common utterences I hear at Goodison/in the pub before and after games is that we are too 'nice'.

Yes there is an argument for sticking to our traditions but if you gave me the option of winning a derby or lifting a cup or being nice then give me more Besic's every day!

I'd say only Mirallas and Coleman have that nasty edge that teams need. All the best teams have had it.

I never classed Mirallas or Coleman as having a nasty streak. Gareth Barry can be a bit of a snide at times but the way football is now if your too nasty you collect yellow cards, Catermole & Felliani as 2 examples.

I never classed Mirallas or Coleman as having a nasty streak. Gareth Barry can be a bit of a snide at times but the way football is now if your too nasty you collect yellow cards, Catermole & Felliani as 2 examples.
Agreed with that. McCarthy is a very good example of someone who's hard but fair and everywhere. Besic I think is of a similar mould but a little narkier.
We could do with being a bit more cynical if anything.

I just hate the way we don't put pressure on refs like the RS and others do. We accept poor decisions going against us.

I'd hate to see us mobbing the refs like other teams do. Our players do have a go though, see Baines against Arsenal at home when he was laying into Arteta right over the ref. Osman is always in the face of the ref as well when he plays.

I just feel like we don't have someone who is a proper presence on the pitch for snide or just being a bit mad.

I just hate the way we don't put pressure on refs like the RS and others do. We accept poor decisions going against us.
I'd take a bit of the nasty, but pressuring and conning the ref and any diving I could do without. I think there is a difference between being tough and then introducing the kind of histrionic simulation you have to endure with Arsenal, Liverpool, and Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.