Time for the Deadline Day nonsense to end ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyC

Staff member
What is the general feeling towards the transfer window and in particular the pandering to the Sky TV farce that "Deadline Day" has become?

If the idea of limiting the time all clubs have to conduct transfer business isn't bad enough, we then have to go through the nonsense of the Sky-spawned deadline day drivel, and all the other media outlets have fallen into the trap of devoting oodles of time, reporters and money on something that then can get stretched to well past the so-called deadline because the Arse and Manure apply for extensions in order to get deals done.

If the nauseous Jim White and his yellow tie, together with the rest of the Sky crew sporting the same ties and the girls in blindingly yellow dresses isn't tacky enough, we then have to endure endless repetition by the reporters camped outside every clubs training ground bringing us so-called 'breaking news' and pictures of cars coming and going... most of which was reported in the morning.

And then to top it all, Sky encourage groups of mindless numpties to surround their reporters to sing inane songs and then they wonder why the thickest of the thick make hand gestures behind the reporters heads, swear, shout sexist remarks and toss inflatable dolls around.

It beggars belief and surely the whole transfer window system needs a massive rethink.

And none of the above has been written just because we didn't do any more business. I hope now that Everton work harder on bringing through more of the promising youngsters we have and employ a serious sports psychologist to work with the squad on the mental side of the game.

What is the general feeling towards the transfer window and in particular the pandering to the Sky TV farce that "Deadline Day" has become?

If the idea of limiting the time all clubs have to conduct transfer business isn't bad enough, we then have to go through the nonsense of the Sky-spawned deadline day drivel, and all the other media outlets have fallen into the trap of devoting oodles of time, reporters and money on something that then can get stretched to well past the so-called deadline because the Arse and Manure apply for extensions in order to get deals done.

If the nauseous Jim White and his yellow tie, together with the rest of the Sky crew sporting the same ties and the girls in blindingly yellow dresses isn't tacky enough, we then have to endure endless repetition by the reporters camped outside every clubs training ground bringing us so-called 'breaking news' and pictures of cars coming and going... most of which was reported in the morning.

And then to top it all, Sky encourage groups of mindless numpties to surround their reporters to sing inane songs and then they wonder why the thickest of the thick make hand gestures behind the reporters heads, swear, shout sexist remarks and toss inflatable dolls around.

It beggars belief and surely the whole transfer window system needs a massive rethink.

And none of the above has been written just because we didn't do any more business. I hope now that Everton work harder on bringing through more of the promising youngsters we have and employ a serious sports psychologist to work with the squad on the mental side of the game.

i dont mind it. its a bit silly but to a lot of people a day of fun madness.

the only annoying thing is some of the fans with their "we have to sign suchandsuch or everything is a disgrace and Im going to burn my underpants in protest and Burnley are going to beat us 21-2" type freakouts.

I hate it and while I like Sky in general, yesterday's twice yearly events bring out all that's wrong with Sky and some weirdo football fans who think they're funny. I'm actually glad that fella brought his purple rabbit, because everyone always looks like a right dildo, acting up behind the reporters on the cameras, at every club.

I'm actually glad we didn't buckle and pay over the odds for a player just because of the deadline.

I hate the transfer window. It's artificial. Should get rid of it or revert to once a year in March.

I hate it and while I like Sky in general, yesterday's twice yearly events bring out all that's wrong with Sky and some weirdo football fans who think they're funny. I'm actually glad that fella brought his purple rabbit, because everyone always looks like a right dildo, acting up behind the reporters on the cameras, at every club.

I'm actually glad we didn't buckle and pay over the odds for a player just because of the deadline.

I hate the transfer window. It's artificial. Should get rid of it or revert to once a year in March.
Either that or the Friday before the season begins, problem is all the leagues would have to change their start dates to co-incide.

The media controls footy, the media want the 'drama' of deadline day during the season, so nothing will change for the better, being honest the international 2 week breaks for pointless friendlies get on my nerves way way more

Reactions: emb

Status
Not open for further replies.