Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did, and it wasn't good enough, but to blame him entirely for the goal is a bit strong. There's not much he could have done really. Soldado would have scored 9/10 no matter what he did.

Stand tall? Don't try and jump out the way?

There's some goals you can shift the blame off of him, sure, but the Soldado one is a weird one to choose.

2nd: Made it far too easy for Pelle, by doing his trademark starfish jump.

So the second one was on Howard?

That's daft.

Might he have possibly stopped it? Yeah, he MIGHT have. But possibly stopping it and making a mistake are two entirely different things.

You can't blame him for two and three. Regardless of what part of the planet you come from.

Stand tall? Don't try and jump out the way?

There's some goals you can shift the blame off of him, sure, but the Soldado one is a weird one to choose.

Having watched it back that is in fact shocking goalkeeping. Maybe a couple of years ago when everyone was crying after Van Persie went through on goal and rounded him I'll say then. Not much you can do there.

Anyway I don't even know why I'm trying to defend him, he's gash.

So the second one was on Howard?

That's daft.

Might he have possibly stopped it? Yeah, he MIGHT have. But possibly stopping it and making a mistake are two entirely different things.

You can't blame him for two and three. Regardless of what part of the planet you come from.

He could have done better, other goalkeepers would have (or could have). He jumped over the shot, again.

It's not entirely on him as it's poor from the defence, but I've blamed them in different threads.

He could have done better, other goalkeepers would have (or could have). He jumped over the shot, again.

It's not entirely on him as it's poor from the defence, but I've blamed them in different threads.

I agree he could have done better. I just don't classify it as a mistake that lead to their goal.

It looks to me like he's trying to anticipate rather than react.

Just go get the ball. Go to the ball where it is. His anticipation has been wrong just about every time in those situations this season.

I agree he could have done better. I just don't classify it as a mistake that lead to their goal.

Just go get the ball. Go to the ball where it is. His anticipation has been wrong just about every time in those situations this season.

Which is poor goalkeeping, thus a mistake. Even worse coming from a Premier League keeper and one who has performed so highly as Howard.

I'd rather he was dropping balls and missing catches because they are mistakes of a keeper in poor form but you either play through it or get dropped. What he's been doing (and always has but its getting more and more frequent) is using poor technique and positioning in trying to save shots. Hence why he's got such a poor record this season for shots to saved ratio.

I'm not blaming him for the any goal today, the whole blame game is pretty stupid because players make mistakes and there's nothing we can do about it. But once again, Howard has not performed up to the level that you need from a keeper in our position.

Which is poor goalkeeping, thus a mistake. Even worse coming from a Premier League keeper and one who has performed so highly as Howard.

I'd rather he was dropping balls and missing catches because they are mistakes of a keeper in poor form but you either play through it or get dropped. What he's been doing (and always has but its getting more and more frequent) is using poor technique and positioning in trying to save shots. Hence why he's got such a poor record this season for shots to saved ratio.

...but again, the assumption is being made that it was a mistake that lead to the goal. A mistake in technique is completely different than an obvious mistake that lead to the goal.

Very few but the most jaded Evertonians are blaming him for the second and third goals.

But there are a few that are doing their best to try and pin the second on him.

...but again, the assumption is being made that it was a mistake that lead to the goal. A mistake in technique is completely different than an obvious mistake that lead to the goal.

Very few but the most jaded Evertonians are blaming him for the second and third goals.

But there are a few that are doing their best to try and pin the second on him.

Doesn't take away from the fact that Tim Howard made a mistake for their second goal by chooisng to use a poor technique which lowered his chances of doing his job and saving the shot. Just like he's been doing all season.

You'd be better off ignoring anyone who out and out blames him cause they're either clueless or after a reaction.

you nailed it with he should have gone towards the ball he went to go then stopped
,if he had been a yard further out the ball would have had no were to go but at him. need a new keeper happening to often

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.