This Saturday Everton remember the Championship winning side of 1962/63 at Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fine team from 1 to 11. - Johnny Morrissey should have been in that picture as well as Billy Bingham and Brian Harris (another family friend). Surprised that Bingham and Morrissey aren't invited myself and George Thomson for that matter - Ray Veall is apparently living in New Zealand.

Incredibly the 62-3 team is the ONLY Everton side to go through a home campaign unbeaten.

Last edited:
I have seen all of the players in the picture play:

Back row: left to right not sure on the fella n the tie, Kay,Meagan,Scott, Labone,Temple, West , fella on the end,

Front Row: Catterick, Gabriel,Parker, Moores, Stevens ,Dunlop, Vernon and Young.

Anyone know who the 2 I couldn't name are? of if any of theses are wrong?
saw west labone young gabby , loved to have seen tony kay alex parker and royston

great thread, wish we had more of these to remind our fans when we won the league and how we should hold our custodians both now and in the future to the standards of past.

saw west labone young gabby , loved to have seen tony kay alex parker and royston

I was only young at the time so I didn't really appreciate how good he was but me arl fella reckoned he would have kept bobby moore out of the England team and been captain himself, saying that he also said Harry Potts the Burnley manager use to piss on the pitch before we played them so I cant take everything as gospel.

I was only young at the time so I didn't really appreciate how good he was but me arl fella reckoned he would have kept bobby moore out of the England team and been captain himself, saying that he also said Harry Potts the Burnley manager use to piss on the pitch before we played them so I cant take everything as gospel.
my old man said the same thing about kay

Was it right the bribe he took at Sheff Wed was a tenner? I know its a long time ago but a fxxxxxng tenner
i know he was man o the match wedensday won 4 2 as well , how the fuk did he get banned for life ,could only happen to EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB

Was it right the bribe he took at Sheff Wed was a tenner? I know its a long time ago but a fxxxxxng tenner

It was more than that four players from Sheffield Wed got the life ban Peter Swan was an England international - they all got life bans not just from pro football, but any football, lower leagues, & amateur levels. Ironically Tony Kay got the highest points score out of ten in that game from the Sunday people match report , but it was the paper who went on to discover the story of the brown envelops of match rigging later an alleged not famous Everton Fc player gave evidence against Kay to the newspaper to start the investigation they were all found guilty all got life bans! I heard Tony Kay was the best wing half from my late father & older brother they had ever seen, he played a friendly for England & marked the great Pele out of the game yes he would have featured in the 1966 world cup team in place of Nobby Styles - evidently he was a box to box old wing half a fantastic player to think you can bite players on the pitch now!!!!!!!

I suppose it would be too much to ask that the club uses the big screens to run film of 62-63 (there is some about - and if not film then at least stills) as the team are introduced on the pitch. This never seems to get done. So invariably when you get an ex-player brought onto the pitch, half the crowd (the youger ones) don't know who he is and those who do know him would like to be remembered of his playing days. Can't take much to link up can it? And as well why not conduct interviews with them? Again, never done. Why not? Instead all we'll get is the players coming on, walking into the centre circle, waving to the crowd, and going off again.

Status
Not open for further replies.