The Yak!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Player Valuation: £100m
You know i was thinking today that maybe i had forgotton how good and prolific he was - 20 goals a season - is a massive amount of goals to take out of any team. Not withstanding this he is probably one of our most gifted all around players for me, pace, vison, strength, techniuqe, finishing.

Can he be the difference in turning a fifth place team into a top 4 team? How important is he to the team and how keenly has his lost been felt?

Last edited:
Never mind him scoring 20 goals for us last season if he had manage 15 league goals, we would have only scored 2 goals less than Arsenal.

As we are 9 points behind the Gunners would another 11 league goals bring us another 10 points or more, that would be the question.

If those goals comes into all those goaless draw games or goals we lost by no more than a goal, it would have certainly brought us 4th place finish.

But we all know life ain't so simple, we can only hope our lads could prove to us this season if this theory works?

Hey, we might have been thrashed by the Gunners on our first game, still they are only 3 points ahead of us. let's try scoring around 70 goals and conceded around 30 goals and we might even have a chance of a Top 3 finish?

I know it's quite unrealistic especially after we sold one of our best defender and only added Billy, Distin & Heitinga, you can't really call them World Class and apart from Distin we don't know too much about the others would they fit right in and how good they really are?

The development of Rodwell, Gosling, Fellaini, Anichebe & Vaughan are going to be the key, as we expect them to fill into the void when needed.

I know I am extremely optimistic about the possibility of us finishing in the Top 4, but it never hurt to dream on the possibility and after all it not as though we never done it before, if there is a team going to make it happen I think it would be us!

Last edited:
Never mind him scoring 20 goals for us last season if he had manage 15 league goals, we would have only scored 2 goals less than Arsenal.

As we are 9 points behind the Gunners would another 11 league goals bring us another 10 points or more, that would be the question.

If those goals comes into all those goaless draw games or goals we lost by no more a goal, it would have certainly brought us 4th place finish.

But we all know life ain't so simple, we can only hope our lads could prove to us this season if this theory works?

Hey, we might have been thrashed by the Gunners on our first game, still they are only 3 points ahead of us. let's try scoring around 70 goals and conceded around 30 goals and we might even have a chance of a Top 3 finish?

I know it's quite unrealistic especially after we sold one of our best defender and only added Billy, Distin & Heitinga, you can't really call them World Class and apart from Distin we don't know too much about the others would they fit right in and how good they really are?

The development of Rodwell, Gosling, Fellaini, Anichebe & Vaughan are going to be the key, as we expect them to fill into the void when needed.

I know I am extremely optimistic about the possibility of us finishing in the Top 4, but it never hurt to dream on the possibility and after all it not as though we never done it before, if there is a team going to make it happen I think it would be us!

Uhmm, Dutch international, Dutch player of the year for 2008, regular starter for Ajax and Atletico. I think that the potential is certainly there.

Any squad that is missing a PROVEN goal scorer of his ability is always going to suffer . The path is clear for him to ease back in but for me its sooner rather than later because now more than ever we need a few banging away on a regular basis to kick start everyone .

If those goals comes into all those goaless draw games or goals we lost by no more a goal, it would have certainly brought us 4th place finish.

Good post mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.