The Everton Board Thread 2014/15

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

• Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is next to no-one buying football clubs anymore. The most recent takeovers have involved the likes of Cardiff and Fulham. Both their foreign owners know [Poor language removed] all about football, never mind the club they're buying. Both made numerous sh*t appointments and decisions during the season, and bingo, look what they won!
But hey, they spent £20 + million on transfers!!!
Can we have one please!!!!
Why would you choose the likes Fulham and Cardiff as examples? They're nothing clubs that would never have even made it to the top flight if it wasn't for someone coming in and financing a push.

Of the established major clubs that have been banking Premier League money since 1992, Everton are the only ones still being ran like it's the '80s. It's ridiculous for any supporter to advocate carrying on with a board which has proven itself incapable of providing the thing we need most - a stadium.

None of which stops Bill, Woods and the other shareholders selling their collective majority share in the club should the opportunity arise. Whoever owns the former Gregg's shareholding is still only a minority shareholder.

Honestly, I think Bill has good intentions for Everton but he has got involved with people who are ruthless. If its true that Gregg financed his part of the Everton buy out, who ever took Gregg's shares would take on Bill's debt. I could be totally wrong, quite possibly.

Why? It's a legitimate question.

It's not really. It's a dated question, from when AGMs were banned.

AGMs aren't banned anymore. The club delivered a very slick presentation at the latest AGM, detailing 'where all the money went'.

Overall club debt has been massively reduced.

Yes there is a question mark over 'other operating costs'. That's about all anyone can question though, that and the Vibrac loans.

There is next to no-one buying football clubs anymore. The most recent takeovers have involved the likes of Cardiff and Fulham. Both their foreign owners know [Poor language removed] all about football, never mind the club they're buying. Both made numerous sh*t appointments and decisions during the season, and bingo, look what they won!
But hey, they spent £20 + million on transfers!!!
Can we have one please!!!!

And what exactly have we won??

Honestly, I think Bill has good intentions for Everton but he has got involved with people who are ruthless. If its true that Gregg financed his part of the Everton buy out, who ever took Gregg's shares would take on Bill's debt. I could be totally wrong, quite possibly.
If they were that ruthless, they would have wanted some form of return on their capital in the last decade. A quick doubling of the investment would have done nicely years back. It's an argument that holds little water. The 'dream' payday scenario means they might see their capital tied up for another how many years, with zero guarantee of success? Their real return is being diluted by the day, as their current ROI in a decade stands at £0. It not as simple as some would have you believe.

Either Earl or Green, they are only in it to make a killing. Gregg was probably the same to be honest. We will be sold to the first person who meets the asking price.

One day, the full story of the shenigans at our club will be told.

Well I'm pretty sure a lot of us thought Earl would be an exciting addition to the board. I think most are in agreement that his main interest was in a new stadium/Planet Hollywood thingy.

Who's to say Bill, wasn't excited about the prospect of having him on board, and is ergo wary of having his fingers burned again?

Never made an error of judgment and learned from it mate?

Why would you choose the likes Fulham and Cardiff as examples? They're nothing clubs that would never have even made it to the top flight if it wasn't for someone coming in and financing a push.

Of the established major clubs that have been banking Premier League money since 1992, Everton are the only ones still being ran like it's the '80s. It's ridiculous for any supporter to advocate carrying on with a board which has proven itself incapable of providing the thing we need most - a stadium.

"Two of the most recent" clubs to be bought. Big clubs haven't got investors queuing at the door these days, unlike when Chelsea, Citeh and United got bought. With regards to the stadium, you think that potentially destabilising the positive working relationships from board level to manager to players and staff to fans that currently exists, and the potential of success that could bring, would be worth it, if we got a new Plastic Stadium near bootle docks 12 months earlier than Kenwright may yet deliver.

It's not really. It's a dated question, from when AGMs were banned.

AGMs aren't banned anymore. The club delivered a very slick presentation at the latest AGM, detailing 'where all the money went'.

Overall club debt has been massively reduced.

Yes there is a question mark over 'other operating costs'. That's about all anyone can question though, that and the Vibrac loans.
Are AGMs back? I thought we just had stage-managed fan forums.

And when was the debt massively reduced? Isn't it still around £45m?

And what exactly have we won??

Well there is only realistically 2 trophies available to us most seasons. And with the champions league clubs all over the trophies every year, we find ourselves dreaming year after year. We've been closer than most in recent years, but maybe had the wrong manager to take us all the way. But some people want a quick fix in terms of anyone's money will do, but that can't be the way to go, surely.

"Two of the most recent" clubs to be bought. Big clubs haven't got investors queuing at the door these days, unlike when Chelsea, Citeh and United got bought. With regards to the stadium, you think that potentially destabilising the positive working relationships from board level to manager to players and staff to fans that currently exists, and the potential of success that could bring, would be worth it, if we got a new Plastic Stadium near bootle docks 12 months earlier than Kenwright may yet deliver.
Everton are the only big club in England without a serious investor, and you could have used Inter, Monaco or PSG as recent examples of major clubs being bought.

Are AGMs back? I thought we just had stage-managed fan forums.

And when was the debt massively reduced? Isn't it still around £45m?

In relation to turnover the debt is shrinking all the time. We're in the black for the first time in god knows how long, and finances are looking a lot rosier than they have in a very, very long time for us.

Everton are the only big club in England without a serious investor, and you could have used Inter, Monaco or PSG as recent examples of major clubs being bought.

More recent than Fulham? Anyway Inter play at the San siro, PSG play in the Parce de Princes and Monaco is Monaco. Investors don't have to budget for new stadiums there, all of which are 3 of the most famous cities in the world. Do you see why they might be more attractive than Goodison Road?

Well there is only realistically 2 trophies available to us most seasons. And with the champions league clubs all over the trophies every year, we find ourselves dreaming year after year. We've been closer than most in recent years, but maybe had the wrong manager to take us all the way. But some people want a quick fix in terms of anyone's money will do, but that can't be the way to go, surely.

Might be better than a slow slow attempt at a fix, we are still broken and our trophy cabinet is empty. I think us so called BK bashers can see we cannot compete, we struggle to keep our best players and can see we have won nothing, so we point the finger at a chairman who cannot provide adequate funds and never will be able to provide adequate funds, therefore we will plod along and continue in the same vain for another umpteen years. Then (I doubt it) the penny may drop for the majority of fans.

Might be better than a slow slow attempt at a fix, we are still broken and our trophy cabinet is empty. I think us so called BK bashers can see we cannot compete, we struggle to keep our best players and can see we have won nothing, so we point the finger at a chairman who cannot provide adequate funds and never will be able to provide adequate funds, therefore we will plod along and continue in the same vain for another umpteen years. Then (I doubt it) the penny may drop for the majority of fans.
I'd like to see you say that in a one to one with Martinez. If anyone is going to compete and have a go at the top 4 in the next few years, we've got a great chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.