Current or Upcoming Crest?

• Current Crest

Votes: 40 13.6%
  • Upcoming Crest

Votes: 255 86.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why we have to have '1878' in the badge, does my head in, the badge looks way too crowded and busy now. If the badge is to appeal to a wider audience, who actually gives a toss if we are founded in 1878, isn't the saying loud and clearl 'Those who Understand Need No Explanation, Those That Don't Understand Don't Matter', So who cares if someone in Thailand doesn't know if we were founded in 1878.

For that matter, just a blue crest with white outline on the shield. Who needs the laurels and tower?

I won't even buy the stuff with this years crest on when it's going on the cheap in late June. We should just forget it as quickly as possible..

Next years crest on the other hand looks pretty smart, and I'll likely be buying the kits again

No, next year's badge is a flat, colourless stencil. It looks thin and as if the designers went "oh let's just stuff everything traditional that the fans want onto here, with no regard towards spacing."

If the wreaths and the motto were to go or be altered, I'd have no problem with it. The other two options were cleaner and more modern. I think this article sums it up well:

http://www.canny-creative.com/2013/10/everton-fc-right-rebrand-twice/

He admits that the new badge looks great on a shirt, but says the current one looks better as a Twitter Avatar... I couldn't care less about that. Obviously the current one looks good as a thumbnail, most simple and cartoonish things do.

next years is starting to grow on me, but still isn't a patch on last seasons.

this season's is the worst sports badge i've ever seen in my life.

Billy should never replace our last crest because 99% of Evertonian love it. Bloodly Nike's fault is it?

The current one is like a fake football team's crest. Actually I am getting used to it.

I do not particularly like the next one because it looks "fat" and a bit old school for me.

I hate the current badge, I normally buy a shirt every season and often get other Everton merchandise as presents from people, but not this season, I couldn't bring myself to buy anything with that badge on and asked people not to get me anything.

Even now when the kits are massively reduced in price, I still haven't bought one.

I'm not in love with the one for next season, but I will wear it

I polished up our badge last year but never had anywhere to post it, thoughts?

Everton-Badge-Final.png

the crest is crap and just because we are winning it doesn't make it any less crap. It's just we have something positive to focus on now.

I don't buy into the idea that we need Everton written on the actual badge. I mean its pretty obvious who we are. The tower, the latin, and the wreaths is all thats required for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.