Current or Upcoming Crest?

• Current Crest

Votes: 40 13.6%
  • Upcoming Crest

Votes: 255 86.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Preferred last years, didn't really like this years, not that keen on next years. But if I'm being honest it's all variation of a single theme to me.

While we're decent on the pitch I don't care if the badge is EFC in block capitals.

Reactions: Loz
Imo the fans picked the worst one of the three, still looks complicated and is hardly the simplistic look.

Some people just don't like change sadly, probably the same people who thought we was going to crumble when Moyes left.

I have to confess that I didn't like it either, though I haven't seen the new one yet (i.e. next season's one).

However, the important thing is that we now have a manager who believes in our famous old motto (NSNO) even if it isn't on the team badge.

It's awful, it looks like a Hobbit's house. What annoyed people most though was how it all came about in the first place. People at the club, likely Elstone, didn't give a monkeys about how supporters would want a say on an important issue like this, altering with the club's identity. They went and got it designed and approved without even telling anyone, it was just forced upon us without warning. Because of his arrogance and/or ignorance we got stuck with a badge no one asked for or approved off on all our merchandise, for a full year. Utterly disgraceful, he should have been sacked for the whole fiasco because it created a PR disaster for the club.

The badge we're meant to be getting next year, I'm not overly impressed with it to be honest but it's a damn sight better than the current one and it was the best option the club put forward in my opinion. I wouldn't be embarrassed to buy a shirt or a trackie with it on, whereas I am with the one we have now.

I can't wait until it's gone and hopefully afterwards we can brush this whole thing under the carpet and never have to look at or be reminded of it again.

A few friends have toddlers in the current kit and it looks great, kinda looks like it was designed for toddlers, actually didn't want this years home kit because it looked like a huge version of the toddlers kit rather than the other way around. As for the new one, not great but better.

This year's one does actually look like someone made it as a joke. Next year's one at least looks like some thought's gone into it, but still could easily have been created by Jimmy from finance. I thought the shield one was the best conceptually.

Like next year's crest a lot. Wasn't as arsed about the current crest as most, but when I had the shirt in my hands I realized it didn't fit. Looking forward to the new crest and shirt. The old crest was fine, but I agree that it was too busy. I think the new crest is an improvement on that.

I don't see why we have to have '1878' in the badge, does my head in, the badge looks way too crowded and busy now. If the badge is to appeal to a wider audience, who actually gives a toss if we are founded in 1878, isn't the saying loud and clearl 'Those who Understand Need No Explanation, Those That Don't Understand Don't Matter', So who cares if someone in Thailand doesn't know if we were founded in 1878.

Status
Not open for further replies.