The 223rd Merseyside Derby: 27/09/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually more confident going into this on the back of a loss.

Normally we go into it in boss form with the wind in our sails and get brought crashing down to Earth. So it helps that we're crap at the minute.

Every year in the run up to this game we convince ourselves that we're in with a good shout, this time we're going to finally do them over there...

...and then the game arrives, and we brick it, and get dry humped.

Rinse and repeat.

I think we should just skip the game and go straight to the fume. Martinez out!!!

Saturday will be exactly fifteen years (to the day) since the last time we beat them at Anfield in the league

15 years wow I was watching that match on Sky in a boarding house. Campbell scored the only goal and please Rom, scores three on the day.

Wether we go into the derby at anfield brimming with confidence or off the back of a few disappointing results, it doesnt matter because, for the last 15 years we have bottled it. There has been a few horrible jammy scrawpy incidents within that time, but equally as many piss poor performances from the men in blue.
Hopefully, just hopefully Saturday we can play our A game, cripple Gerrard, win 4-0 with a Lukaku hat trick and a late Eto strike who then reveals his arse to the Kop and then forget about the past 15 years and move onto Russia.

It would be typical if we picked up an injury to someone important tomorrow night. We are too soft-centred when we play in anfield and with the dancing [insert expletive here] we will ship goals. Would take a draw with our form.

Status
Not open for further replies.