The 223rd Merseyside Derby: 27/09/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just as long as you know who isn't refereeing, then we might stand a chance...

I honestly think it will be him or at the very least gerrards best mate dowd.

I really am sick of this never being a fair contest for us to beat them we have to be at our best and not give the ref any chance to go against us, for them to win they just have to dive all over the place to get a penalty or one of ours get sent off.

But tbh I think we will do them. They Don't know what to do infront of goal now there usual plan of "get the ball to suarez" has gone out the window.

my god and the players they have got in I've never seen anyone waste 117 million like that before.

Our last win there was on my birthday...hope the omens are set for this one too. Just hope Jags keeps his head up and doesn't let them demoralise him if they score. As someone else has said earlier on the thread, we need steel against them and a bit of snarl. Gerrards always like a man possessed against us and we need to counter that with a bit of bite and not let them start the bullying lark they revel in.

It always amazes me that nobody really mentions this, it's like it has been forgotten even by our fans.

People moan about how we never win there, but we scored a goal that day that was unfairly ruled out and we should have won.

Mate that was a dire, dire derby. We barely made any chances from open play and only looked to threaten from set pieces, a typical Anfield display from the Moyes-era. Fortunately Liverpool we're just a bit poo that season, and didn't have Suarez in the team so never really had the quality to break us down.

Yeah but it was unfairly ruled out. Our teams effort was not at fault.

People complain about how we never perfom well there, but we would have won that game if the officials got the decision right.

People also complain that we never go there trying to win, but last season we definitley tried that and went all out.

With a proper defense (and not Stones at RB) and without them having Suarez, I think this will be a lot closer than the flaterring 4-0 result they got last season.

If i remember that game we barely mustered another effort on goal and would have gone down heavily had it not been for a brilliant performance by Jagielka (you know the one who some people tried to retire last week). We didnt deserve to win but there have been plenty that we did deserve to not least the one where Beckford put us 2-1 up, the one where Johnson was one on one and hit the keeper (small club gate). One where Kyriakos got sent off we battered them but they smashed and grabbed. Moyes got pounded for his Anfield performances but i honestly think they were better than his goodison derby ones. Aside from the 3-0 surrender Liverpool didnt win that many home derbies during the Moyes years.

If i remember that game we barely mustered another effort on goal and would have gone down heavily had it not been for a brilliant performance by Jagielka (you know the one who some people tried to retire last week). We didnt deserve to win but there have been plenty that we did deserve to not least the one where Beckford put us 2-1 up, the one where Johnson was one on one and hit the keeper (small club gate). One where Kyriakos got sent off we battered them but they smashed and grabbed. Moyes got pounded for his Anfield performances but i honestly think they were better than his goodison derby ones. Aside from the 3-0 surrender Liverpool didnt win that many home derbies during the Moyes years.
We definitely should have won the derby where Beckford scored.

Mate that was a dire, dire derby. We barely made any chances from open play and only looked to threaten from set pieces, a typical Anfield display from the Moyes-era. Fortunately Liverpool we're just a bit poo that season, and didn't have Suarez in the team so never really had the quality to break us down.

I agree, but it would have been remembered differently if we'd have got the 3 points, like we should have done. People wouldn't be able to say we go there and bottle it all the time, if we'd have won that. Plus, how many times have they came out on top when they didn't deserve it? They have a habit of doing that.

I actually didn't feel that gutted with the Anfield derby last year, I like the way we actually tried to win it. We gambled and it failed, but at least we tried. If we did the same thing this year, we'd probably win.

The "3-0 surrender" (as Saint Domingo puts it) was awful, never want to see that again.

You could ask every Everton fan what their dream result against Liverpool would be, and I’m sure most would say that they’d love to see us nail them 6 or 7 goals to nil in The Champions League Final or some such. Though that’d be lovely, I’d much rather us beat them 1-0, at Anfield, with Hibbert getting the winner in the last minute. If it had been after a game Liverpool had dominated, it would make it even sweeter.

That’s how I want to beat them. For us to beat them 7-0, we’d have to be incredible. We’d have to be awe inspiring. Yeah, that’d hurt a Liverpool fan, no doubt, but they could console themselves that they lost to the better side. But on the other hand, losing at home after you’d dominated the match and had numerous chances to score (In my perfect scenario, Gerrard misses a penalty) and with the winning goal coming in the last minute from a man who had never scored before? That would stick in your throat for months, possibly even forever. Liverpool fans like to say Everton fans are bitter, and no doubt there’s some truth to that, but the only group of fans with a sour taste in their mouths after a result like that would be the ones in the red shirts.

Delicious.
Haha totally agree. Brilliant.

I like you mate and you come across as a really nice guy, but you don't half talk some bollocks when it comes to football.
Rubbish. Have a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.