Take Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

wabisabi

Player Valuation: £1m
International break comes at a good time for us me thinks.

Allows time for the new players to arrive and the Yak to get fit (pleease)

then the next five games all look winnable to me..

Fulham
Athens
Blackburn
Hull
Portsmouth

and the season begins.

They are all winnable games, it sucks we got off to such a bad start as we are playing catch up football. If we in a better position in the league we could put more focus on Europe.

Think we will push on up the table with those fixtures. I feel better than this time last year: 1 league position higher with a game in hand on quite a few clubs and we’ve qualified for the Europa league group stage

Fulham (away)
Athens (home)
Blackburn (home)
Hull (away)
Portsmouth (away)

and the season begins.

I'm sure they all looked winnable last season as well. But we took no points from Portsmouth, 1 from Blackburn, 4 from Hull and 6 from Fulham.

They're all just as much losable as they are winnable. I'd hope for at least 7 points out of them 4 league games and 1 win from Athens but its no way certain.

I'm sure most people backed us to get a win against Burnley.

Fulham
Athens
Blackburn
Hull
Portsmouth

and the season begins.

after the loss to burnley i dont take any team or 'winnable game' for granted.

fulham hull pompey all away are gonna be very tough games.

If we can keep up the improvement in play we had in the second half of the game vs Wigan, continue to have the play and create chances.. we should get at least 9 points in the league and a win against Athens. We've also strengthened with Bilyaletdinov and Heitinga for the coming games, and hopefully Yak is back.

Big problem with this break is that Bilyaletdinov and Heitinga will be away, in addition to our previous national players, so only Distin will be at the club.

I'd like to think we'll get 8-10pts from those games, and a win v Athens. Sure we lost to Burnley, but i dont think we'll let that happen again, and I don't see Portsmouth being good enough to take points of us. Fulham we broke the jinx last season, but theyre still a good side, just not as good as us and could get a tough draw. Blackburn i'd like to think we'd beat too, but you can never tell with Big Sam's sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.