summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably my sick and perverse attitude but I'd happily let Remy screw all the men and women he pleases if he scores 20+ goals a season for us. :D

Last edited:

On a more general level, what do people think of the following suggestion:

"It's better to look at strikers who play and score regularly in a league where the technical skill of the defenders is at a high standard, than strikers who score a higher number of goals in leagues where the defences are weaker."

What I mean is, are strikers who currently play and score in the Spanish and Italian leagues more likely to do better here than strikers who currently play in France or Holland?

On that note, has anyone got opinions on Lyon's Alexandre Lacazette and Sevilla's Kevin Gameiro?

Look at Remy as an exception to that rule of thumb, while Giroud hasn't done bad (although he's nothing special for me) Lacazette is a very good player and a top young talent, but wouldn't be suited to a team that plays 1 up top like we do. He'd be better at Liverpool or Arsenal, as much as I hate to say that.
Gamiero was on fire a few years ago, but hasn't set either the French or Spanich leagues alite since. He's a decent impact sub, but I reckon if we're looking at anyone from abroad as our 1st choice striker (writhin our price range) it should be Carlos Bacca. £9mil. Buy-out clause and would suit RM's system to a tee. Him and Batshuayi (the 'gamble') would be decent I think, although I'd prefer Rom or Bony but both seem unrealistic at this point.

As an Evertonian I am freaking out at all the players we are being tied to pursuing... so accustomed to reading which of our players are going to go elsewhere. Dogs and cats getting along. Pineapple on pizza.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtics-james-forrest-could-bound-3485175

Linked with Andrew Robertson again. And James Forrest? No idea if the Daily Record is reputable. Nor do I know if either of these players are decent.

So meh?

I think James Forrest would be a bad signing if i'm honest. Watched him for years and when he first broke through he was a great young talent. Extremely fast and direct, was heavily linked with Spurs and I could see why.

But since then he hasn't progressed really. He's been plagued with injuries, he barely plays 3 games in a row anymore, a proper sick note. Seems to have lost a yard of pace too and that was his main asset. Either that or he's lost his confidence to take his man on anymore, he's capable of brilliance but very very frustrating.

I think he's like a poor mans McGeady but with far less skills. What I will say though is he is a much better goal threat, scored quite a few important goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.