summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign Lukaku I think we will look at cheaper midfield options as we spread the budget.
The rumours of Rodwell loan and Jack Colback would fit into this. We will need more players for Europe by the looks of it, but need to keep a wage structure manageable.

If we sign Lukaku I think we will look at cheaper midfield options as we spread the budget.
The rumours of Rodwell loan and Jack Colback would fit into this. We will need more players for Europe by the looks of it, but need to keep a wage structure manageable.

Colback and Rodwell is the equivalent of aids on a football pitch, I'd rather have that Korean bloke

Colback and Rodwell is the equivalent of aids on a football pitch, I'd rather have that Korean bloke
We need an engine player though as backup to the 2/3 we have. A non highlights player. I will never write a player off till he plays for us (see Fellaini for McCarthy debate). Rodwell would be a loan with low risk wages from our end I would presume.
Ideally I want loads of star players but with contract extensions for Barkley and Coleman which will increase the wage bill significantly (Stones will need to be tied down too) then we have to find a way to stay within the wage structure of FFP.

It all lies at Martinez's feet this summer, he's said he has a budget of over £20 mil from player sales but he needs to be wise and use the TV cash on players NOT Finch Farm , he can do that over the next few seasons but this season is vital in bringing in as many quality players as possible to handle European football.

signing Lukaku would probably mean using that £20 mil+ he has now, he then NEEDS to use the TV cash to bring in 1-2 good signings + a loan or 2, no point expanding finch farm now which will take years to see any results if any when clubs like Utd, Spurs, Arse and the RS will no doubt be spending this window.

I would yes.

Only seen a little of him, but he reminds me of a young Lescott like when we got him from Wolves.
Imposing, quite physical and pretty quick. Tidy him up a bit with ball at feet and he'd be challenging for a starting place. But how much would he cost?

I reckon we could get that Lucas Piazon on loan next season, obviously wont feature at all for chelski and they might want him to get prem experience, quality young player

Or we could try and get Thorgan Hazard on loan, he's doing extremely well in Belgium.

Status
Not open for further replies.