Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Im watching Arsenal but I wonder if Gnonto may fit better into our side rather than Leeds.

Still only 20 years old...

The one I think could be a great deal for us is Iling Junior on the left side and hes apparently available for £12.5mil.
I don't know anything about Iling Jr but at half the price I'd rather have him than Gnonto on today's showing. He was awful.

Im watching Arsenal but I wonder if Gnonto may fit better into our side rather than Leeds.

Still only 20 years old...

The one I think could be a great deal for us is Iling Junior on the left side and hes apparently available for £12.5mil.

Will we go back in for the lad from Sunderland on the wing who was rumoured last summer

Will we go back in for the lad from Sunderland on the wing who was rumoured last summer

Jack Clark may well be too expensive now. Gnonto of course we moved on last summer.

We went for Asprilla (Watford) in Jan.

At least it shows were looking at both wide positions.

Hes on a 4 year deal and i know weve backended his transfer fee but in theory its £3mil a season. Sign another couple like him for a similar fee and we may not even touch £10mil a season on the transfer fees.

Thats less than Gomes & Dele's wages.

As for example a 3 year stopgap we could bring him in as well as another Chermiti/Branthwaite type signing so we have the short term and long term benefits.

Also a youngish player with some experience in the league may soak up £20mil+ in transfer fees.

Id welcome Ndidi and Barkley for 3 seasons.

I think Dyche will have a specific plan for him if he did return.

Whose Cartagena?

Its been hinted that his contract there is more than 1 season and he has a £4mil buyout. No idea whats true.

Adams would come into the Doucoure role i expect. Would we want that or prefer McNeil, Chermiti or even Dobbin in that role or rotating between them?

Walker Peters just turned 27 and I believe Thelwell has said we wont pay money for 27+ age players. I think for his fee & wages we could find an u23 player for a lower cost and higher upside.

My suggestions would be:

Kayode (Fiorentina)
Gray (Leeds)
Santos (Lille)

Not an expert on any of them and probably unlikely deals to say the least.

I can (sort of) see the financial sense in that. But KWP is classy and would delight DCL with crosses and assists of which he can currently only dream.

Possible swap on the cards, Onana for Richarlison?
The only rule of the transfer market should be for everton to stay clear off spurs...
…except we need cash.
And we should avoid dealing with Levy...

I've seen them credited with interest in Branthwaite rather than Onana. Personally I don't think Spurs would spend that much on a centre back but if we're doing fantasy transfers, you could maybe do a deal of, say, 70m for Branthwaite and 40m for Richarlison. It would still help massively with PSR (the full 70m in would go straight on the books, the 40m would be spread through amortisation), and it would certainly soften the blow of losing Branthwaite.

But as much as Richy loves us, I think both players would be aiming for better moves.

I can (sort of) see the financial sense in that. But KWP is classy and would delight DCL with crosses and assists of which he can currently only dream.

Who knows if we have DCL around next season? 1 year on his deal and perhaps a sale makes sense for both parties?

If it was me, Id be open to us moving on a few players and putting the cash together for an Archie Gray bid. He's played 30 odd games at right back (started 40) but expected to become a defensive midfielder in the future.

By some miracle, if we could sign him and ease him in at right back (Godfrey rotating) and as a backup DM if needed I think its a no brainer..

With Branthwaite, we'd then have 2 of the hottest young English defensive prospects in the league.

Would he come? Family of course all Leeds through and through but he'd expect many games with us in the premier league and be part of a back 4 with 3 English internationals (Branthwaite, Pickford and I'll include Tarkowski) so he'd have eyes on him.

Many would prefer Summerville if Leeds dont win the playoffs but for me Gray would be the one.

LW: Iling Junior £12.5mil
DM: Ndidi Free
CM: Barkley Free/£4mil
RW: Harrison loan

I cant stand Harrison but for these low cost options in midfield perhaps we could scrape the funds together for Gray...

I've seen them credited with interest in Branthwaite rather than Onana. Personally I don't think Spurs would spend that much on a centre back but if we're doing fantasy transfers, you could maybe do a deal of, say, 70m for Branthwaite and 40m for Richarlison. It would still help massively with PSR (the full 70m in would go straight on the books, the 40m would be spread through amortisation), and it would certainly soften the blow of losing Branthwaite.

But as much as Richy loves us, I think both players would be aiming for better moves.

Media have linked: Bayern, Barca, Chelsea, Newcastle, Arsenal and Spurs with Onana.

I think it would be a really poor piece of business to bring Richarlison back. We need to be looking for the next super wide players and not losing Branthwaite (especially for £70mil) with Van de Ven playing LCB i cant see them in for him.

Same with Pickford, Richarlison was someone i wanted before we were even linked to him - when others couldnt see hed been used 2nd half of his 1st season in a defensive left mid role.

For the left, Iling-Junior seems a bargain at £12.5mil and low wages in comparison.

Jack Clark may well be too expensive now. Gnonto of course we moved on last summer.

We went for Asprilla (Watford) in Jan.

At least it shows were looking at both wide positions.

Sunderland wont have much of a bargaining position if he wants to play PL football. A year closer to end of contract as well presumably?

The only rule of the transfer market should be for everton to stay clear off spurs...
And we should avoid dealing with Levy...

Ben Davies would be a decent pick up from them if he's part of the Spurs clear out. Been at Spurs a decade and been a regular under their top managers.

Can play LB or LCB in a three as he does for Wales.

Simply couldn't afford Richarlison, he's not being sold for 15m.