Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Im confused. You want to replace these 6 players to "cover for them leaving" ?

Harrison = Right winger needed
Danjuma = Backup left winger needed
Gana = 3rd choice midfielder needed
Gomes = 4th choice midfielder needed
Coleman = Backup right back needed
Young = Backup right back needed

Is this correct?

I have no idea what your post even means here. But yes, we need to replace those 6 players.

He would be better hanging fire for another season if those two bums are the only interest in him. Get himself a proper move.
I agree but as with several young players who’ve left before it’s more likely to be the club doing the pushing than the player himself, for all the club will pretend otherwise.

I have no idea what your post even means here. But yes, we need to replace those 6 players.
Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
João Virgínia
Billy Crellin

Right Backs
Nathan Patterson

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs
James Tarkowski
Michael Keane
Ben Godfrey
Mason Holgate

Midfield
James Garner
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Idrissa Gueye

Wide Forwards
Dwight McNeil
Lewis Dobbin

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Youssef Chermiti
Beto

Total players 17

I think this is what the squad "starts from", once we of course sell Maupay, Onana and Branners.

So I reckon we need
1 RB
1 LB
2 CMs
2 Wide forwards

That takes us to a squad of 23 players.

Now considering that we have to name 20 players every single week for a Premier League game, I think even that leaves us short on numbers, not to mention the utter crap shoot that is the CB area.

Now of course the 3 sales might not happen, which means we probably still need 3 or 4 players, with no money.

I really do pity Kevin Thelwell and Sean Dyche this Summer, its gonna have an R Rating.

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
João Virgínia
Billy Crellin

Right Backs
Nathan Patterson

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs
James Tarkowski
Michael Keane
Ben Godfrey
Mason Holgate

Midfield
James Garner
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Idrissa Gueye

Wide Forwards
Dwight McNeil
Lewis Dobbin

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Youssef Chermiti
Beto

Total players 17

I think this is what the squad "starts from", once we of course sell Maupay, Onana and Branners.

So I reckon we need
1 RB
1 LB
2 CMs
2 Wide forwards

That takes us to a squad of 23 players.

Now considering that we have to name 20 players every single week for a Premier League game, I think even that leaves us short on numbers, not to mention the utter crap shoot that is the CB area.

Now of course the 3 sales might not happen, which means we probably still need 3 or 4 players, with no money.

I really do pity Kevin Thelwell and Sean Dyche this Summer, its gonna have an R Rating.

The scale of the task this summer is huge! Those 17 as a base absolutely terrify me - you'd hope though Thelwell would've been planning options for 12 months now but even then we're back of the queue for any player we're interested in.

Fair enough, but which of the players named would we have been better off persisting with and paying their considerable wages, rather than loaning them out to decrease our expenditure on wages and hopefully facilitate a move away with a transfer fee? There isn't anyone there that you think "Christ, I wish we'd have kept hold of him and not sent him out on loan".

I do think it is possible to get someone that is just as crap as Beto for a much cheaper price, who could play Beto's role as substitute striker at a far more palatable expense. I think we should be moving Beto on ASAP, so that we hopefully don't have to have this same conversation this time next year.
I'm not a big fan of any of the players mentioned - but loaning them on didn't turn our squad into world beaters either.

I guess my point is - we would likely be forfeiting some of Betos wages to make it attractive - so you end up paying a lot more for his replacement - in a round about way. Because you still have that subsdiy going out the door for Beto.

If somebody wants to pay his full wages + a bit extra for the loan - then fair enough I suppose and perhaps the gamble pays off.

It goes wrong and you end up compounding the problem with two expensive / unremarkable players on long-term deals that you can't get rid of.

I was gobsmacked that you said those 6 players in particular need replacing.

As an example, Ben Godfrey can do the job of Ashley Young (backup full back) and Coleman has played 484 mins in the right back position which Patterson also plays.

Dont need 4 RBs.

You also have McNeil & Dobbin who are on the left wing but you would add another left winger to replace Danjuma.

Dont need 3 LWs.

So like for like replacements were now down to replacing Harrison, Gomes and Gana.

But you also omitted the likes of Dele and Lonergan that would be out of contract as well so I assume you wouldnt replace them?

I think your way is having too many players in the squad with it being top heavy in places. No idea why we would need 4 right backs & 3 left wingers...we also have 3 CFs and 5 CBs.

So unbalanced.

I was gobsmacked that you said those 6 players in particular need replacing.

As an example, Ben Godfrey can do the job of Ashley Young (backup full back) and Coleman has played 484 mins in the right back position which Patterson also plays.

Dont need 4 RBs.

You also have McNeil & Dobbin who are on the left wing but you would add another left winger to replace Danjuma.

Dont need 3 LWs.

So like for like replacements were now down to replacing Harrison, Gomes and Gana.

But you also omitted the likes of Dele and Lonergan that would be out of contract as well so I assume you wouldnt replace them?

I think your way is having too many players in the squad with it being top heavy in places. No idea why we would need 4 right backs & 3 left wingers...we also have 3 CFs and 5 CBs.

So unbalanced.

You really haven’t got a scooby doo.

I said we need to replace 6 players, didn’t say they need to be like for like.

The sooner you guys learn to accept that the keeper who never plays, the constantly injured right back and the versatile 39 year old who can play anywhere on the pitch will be getting new 1 year deals purely for the sake that there is no sign on fee and the outlay is relatively cheap in comparison to replacing them and to make sure we have enough numbers for next season the better