Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It's been painful on the eyes though mate
The alternative (needing points on the final day to stay up) is worse.

All the time the Club is so far up poop creek in financial terms we are facing the threat of relegation by default, through a combination of no funds to upgrade the personnel and the ongoing threat of further points reductions. In that context, Dycheball that sees us finishing 10th to 15th (and therefore safety achieved with eight to ten games left to play) is absolutely fine.

We aren't going to get anything more than mid-table mediocrity until the financial carnage and general off-field incompetence is resolved.

sorry, meant to reply to this and got side-tracked.

What's been happening a lot during the Mosh era is we'd attract players with generous PL wages, give up on them within a season or two and then loan them at a reduced rate to poorer clubs abroad.

Sandro Ramirez, Dele Alli, Cenk Tosun, Andre Gomes, Nikola Vlasic, Bolasie, (Davy Klaasen, James Rodriguez was attempted), Schneiderlin

I'm sure the list goes on - and we could debate each one, some were better deals than others.

In better times, this is something David Moyes didn't seem to have to do - he would coach as best he could to use them in the season.

Even Dyche has managed to utilize Gomes a bit - and Beto - for an 'Ok' season given our situation.

loaning more players for losses and using a kind of 'out of sight, out of mind' approach to players on our books is something i don't like to see.

I appreciate you may think Beto is that bad that 'something is better than nothing' for the benefit of our cash-flows - but we still need strikers and I'd say we need to do what we can with what we have - unless you can sell him now for a cash injection

Fair enough, but which of the players named would we have been better off persisting with and paying their considerable wages, rather than loaning them out to decrease our expenditure on wages and hopefully facilitate a move away with a transfer fee? There isn't anyone there that you think "Christ, I wish we'd have kept hold of him and not sent him out on loan".

I do think it is possible to get someone that is just as crap as Beto for a much cheaper price, who could play Beto's role as substitute striker at a far more palatable expense. I think we should be moving Beto on ASAP, so that we hopefully don't have to have this same conversation this time next year.

If only that was all it was about. We're losing players this summer who played a combined 164 games last season.

We need to add probably about 6 players minimum to the squad just to cover those leaving (Harrison, Danjuma, Gueye, Gomes, Coleman and Young).

As it stands we have only: McNeil, Onana, Garner and Doucoure as midfield and wide options for next season.

Gonna be a rotten Summer.

Im confused. You want to replace these 6 players to "cover for them leaving" ?

Harrison = Right winger needed
Danjuma = Backup left winger needed
Gana = 3rd choice midfielder needed
Gomes = 4th choice midfielder needed
Coleman = Backup right back needed
Young = Backup right back needed

Is this correct?