Still looking at top 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think top 4 is easier to achieve than winning Europa, as much as would like a trophy id focus on top 4 as I don't think we have squad for both.

Agree in the league you can afford to slip up and still get 4th. In the europa one bad performance against a Sevilla or roma etc. And your out

Why can't we? We're still have up there despite having a horror run of injuries and having played a very tough fixture list so far. We have a first XI that's top four quality, so a bit of luck regarding injuries which we are due anyway could see us mount a strong challenge.

One thing I will say it won't take 79 points for 4th this year.

Why can't we? We're still have up there despite having a horror run of injuries and having played a very tough fixture list so far. We have a first XI that's top four quality, so a bit of luck regarding injuries which we are due anyway could see us mount a strong challenge.

One thing I will say it won't take 79 points for 4th this year.
tbf, 72 points (and a good GD) would have done it last year.

Agree in the league you can afford to slip up and still get 4th. In the europa one bad performance against a Sevilla or roma etc. And your out
True but EL is far more valuable to us than the FA Cup and no one would advocate playing a weakened team in that.

Lets just try our best in both as they're probably about the same in terms of likelihood of getting into the CL and we do have the squad for both. When everyone's back we can field a 2nd team that frankly is probably better than our first team a few years ago.

I feel like the way pre season panned out with the World Cup hangover that not only us but the rest of the top 4 will begin to up their game. Realistically I see us finishing 5th or 6th but there's no reason why we can't mount a serious challenge for the top 4, plus with the start that Arsenal have had in contrast to last year and Liverpool misfiring we may have more of a chance of sneaking our way in.

I'm tempted to make a multi with a David Moyes avatar to trample on all of this hope. Let's avoid relegation first, lads.
Good idea mate. There are far too many posters on this forum who should know better and seem to have forgotten our Everton mantra : "it's the hope that kills you".
This needs addressing tout de suite and your Moyes idea is a great start

True but EL is far more valuable to us than the FA Cup and no one would advocate playing a weakened team in that.

I am in total agreement with you about having a real crack at the Europa League.....but the F.A. Cup doesn't have the same immediate impact as the EL.

There is a week between the F.A. cup tie and the next league game, as opposed to the two clear days between the EL fixture and the next match.

There are no journeys to the ass hole of Europe in the F.A. Cup.......though there are many to the ass hole of England :confused:

Ergo no long flights back home for the team in the early hours of Friday morning.

So I don't think Bobby has the same freedom to go with his best XI in the EL as he does in the domestic competition......he has to keep one eye on what is coming down the pike sixty or so hours later.

I am in total agreement with you about having a real crack at the Europa League.....but the F.A. Cup doesn't have the same immediate impact as the EL.

There is a week between the F.A. cup tie and the next league game, as opposed to the two clear days between the EL fixture and the next match.

There are no journeys to the ass hole of Europe in the F.A. Cup.......though there are many to the ass hole of England :confused:

Ergo no long flights back home for the team in the early hours of Friday morning.

So I don't think Bobby has the same freedom to go with his best XI in the EL as he does in the domestic competition......he has to keep one eye on what is coming down the pike sixty or so hours later.

If we get into the CL we'll still face those issues. It's just something we need to learn to adapt to.

Status
Not open for further replies.