Still looking at top 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get into the CL we'll still face those issues. It's just something we need to learn to adapt to.

True....but it doesn't alter the fact there is greater recovery time between an F.A. Cup tie and the next league game than there is between a European game and a league game, no matter which competition we are playing in.

And that our manager has to take this into consideration.

True....but it doesn't alter the fact there is greater recovery time between an F.A. Cup tie and the next league game than there is between a European game and a league game, no matter which competition we are playing in.

And that our manager has to take this into consideration.
It doesn't but its a big trophy held in high regard by the rest of Europe and another route into the CL.

Seriously I wasn't fussed about the Capitol 1 Cup but we should try and win every other game we're in. It might cause or league form to suffer but we should just deal with it.

It doesn't but its a big trophy held in high regard by the rest of Europe and another route into the CL.

Seriously I wasn't fussed about the Capitol 1 Cup but we should try and win every other game we're in. It might cause or league form to suffer but we should just deal with it.

I don't know if you have misunderstood what I said but I am in total agreement about going all out to win the EL.

My point to you was that it us easier to play a full strength night team in the FA Cup than in the EL simply because Bobby has a week between fixtures rather than two and a half days.

Ergo he has to consider this fact when selecting tge team on Thursday night as we still need to be going for points on the following Sunday.

BTW....unlike you, I attach great importance to the C1 Cup.......it is silverware and I want to see Everton win at Wembley again before I die :)

The league has never been so tight. No one really apart from chelsea (and Southampton) have really kicked on- teams are there for the taking and I feel we aren't really playing well for a entire 90 minutes.

If we click like we know we can and put a run together between now and the new year I honestly think we can do it.

Southampton will falter as will Newcastle

This Sunday is a crucial game, we need to beat a rival for confidence and then we have Hull and Q.p.r both at home. I would rest as many as possible for this Europa game, McCarthy and Coleman wouldn't even step onto the plane if it was up to me. If we beat Kraznodar at home then Europa qualification is secured, who cares about an easier next round. We can't get any other English sides yet and the other teams coming from Champions league wouldn't scare me in the slightest. Fourth is more than obtainable just need a run of wins and quickly, if we even manage to get into the top 4 before xmas then I think that will really focus the minds.

Wish McCarthy lost his passport, huge loss giving Barry's absence

If we go on one of our patented pre-Christmas/after Christmas runs, no reason why we can't get up to fourth/fifth again.

Injuries plus our poor start hurt but it can be done.

I don't know if you have misunderstood what I said but I am in total agreement about going all out to win the EL.

My point to you was that it us easier to play a full strength night team in the FA Cup than in the EL simply because Bobby has a week between fixtures rather than two and a half days.

Ergo he has to consider this fact when selecting tge team on Thursday night as we still need to be going for points on the following Sunday.

BTW....unlike you, I attach great importance to the C1 Cup.......it is silverware and I want to see Everton win at Wembley again before I die :)
I do as well at the time but if we go out early it can be something of a blessing. Although I'm not saying we should play kids or a weakened side.

As for rotating the squad. Do we really need to? Chelsea don't and they've been fine. Same for the big boys like Barca and Real.

I'm not saying we shouldn't rest players but when there's two big games one on Thursday and then Sunday like now I think we can play the same team, our best team and if needed just rest players for the games before and after.

Status
Not open for further replies.