Steven Naismith

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need more pace, and Mirallas back will give us that. I cant see Naismith getting as much game time from now on, tbh. McGeady will also be in the mix, and we'll need to bring in a wide player/acm in the January.

It's a squad game for us now though.

he was shocking today, gives the ball away too much without being a real creative outlet, his injury might be a blessing in disguise, especially with mcgeady back

Creativity isn't his game though, he does what he is in there to do, cause havoc for defenders with his work rate and movement! He wins a lot of headers too! Yes he should have scored himself today and gave the ball away a few times but he was also involved in both goals, particularly the 2nd goal where he won the ball brilliantly on the edge of our box and set the counter attack away

I personally would have Barkley in the middle though and Nais on the left side, particularly when baines is in the team! Naismith does a good, and under rated job for the team

He has a tight hamstring, nothing serious. I reckon the stretcher etc was to take the sting out the game. Glad it won't keep him out too long as he is one of our few genuine goal threats, (his miss today aside haha).

I like Naismith. I think he is a good player who gives his all for the cause. He is the type of player a team not going well needs. I fear that as we continue to improve and look to win matches we will see less of Naismith. If we had Lukaku scoring, Barkley at No. 10, a fit Mirellas and McGeady living up to some of his potential it is difficult to see a spot for Naismith.
If we have players playing well enough to keep Naismith out of the team we will be doing OK.

We need more pace, and Mirallas back will give us that. I cant see Naismith getting as much game time from now on, tbh. McGeady will also be in the mix, and we'll need to bring in a wide player/acm in the January.

It's a squad game for us now though.

Clueless as per usual.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.